• Yahoo search

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Others...

Votes: 1 3.4%

• Total voters

Spartan Erik

Retired
Reaction score
Google, even though I probably use Yahoo more often; Yahoo makes a better homepage than Google IMO

cointoss

Reaction score
I send a loud nomination for Google. I never search with anyone else. Besides, Yahoo! is actually a directory. Although you can search on it, its greatest purpose is a directory.

But to be perfectly honest, I don't find very much with search engines. I find more by following links on similar sites. I think this will be the way to go until someone creates a search engine that is just a search engine. I mean, one that doesn't handle email and other such non-search related material. Of course it could just be me... (Uhm, to be totally honest I do have an email account with Yahoo!)

Christopher

Retired
Reaction score
I've started using www.tafiti.com
If it didn't load stuff in popups I'd be using it all the time.

When I want to do a quick search I use google.

lambada

Reaction score
Google - every time i want to search something in firefox I just type "google search+Term+Here" with +'s instead of spaces and it makes a nice google query for me thanks to a shortcut.

I've got a similar one set up for wikipedia: wiki Search_Term_Here

pixxel

Banned
Reaction score
I think that people like google for its simplicity, speed, and minimalistic approach - when i see yahoo's search page, i get lost in where to click, where to type,where to look. Google even managed to get to the urban language ditionaries - you can find terms like "to google" etc. And how many times someone asked you something utterly stupid, and you replied - just google for it, you **** (insert curse at will ;) )
So my voice goes to google, BUT, recent events that are unveiling may prove that google is actually saving your search history; which could lead to a total mayhem - would you like someone (let's say your spouse) to get a monthly listing of your searches???

sms_dre

Reaction score
went with Google. Don't really use any others, home page is simple (just a box and a button) and it works. pretty well.

sms

The_Magistrate

Reaction score
You should add clusty.com to the list. As a meta-search engine, you get results from more than one site and you don't have to rely on Google-mega-corp.

Psoewish

Reaction score
Well ...

Google is my homepage, I use it 90% of the time when I'm browsing my internet and been using it fora long long time allready! Ever since MSN search didn't do the trick anymore for me :p

I especially like Google for having such a simplistic site. You just see what you want to see: a search bar and a "search" button, without the cluttered ads all around it.

Also I have a GMail account, where my current status is:
"You are currently using 33 MB (1%) of your 2895 MB."

I think that says enough about how much mail I have, and yet I only have 1% full :p

GamingX

Executive Team
Reaction score
It has to be google. I was reading up somewhere that Google uses a patented technology known as PageRank (after Larry Page) which shows up the most relevant results, whereas yahoo etc give precedence to paying advertisments and show their results first, be it relevant or not...

alfren

Reaction score
of course google is the best because google loads faster than the other search engines ^^

naynesh

Reaction score
I would say google because its very poular so more sites are on it.And the company is based in Mountain View, California, and has 13,748 full-time employees (as of June 30, 2007).Google's mission statement is, "to organize the world's information and make it universally accessible and useful."Google's corporate philosophy includes statements such as "Don't be evil", and "Work should be challenging and the challenge should be fun", illustrating a somewhat relaxed corporate culture.

Google was co-founded by Larry Page and Sergey Brin while they were students at Stanford University and the company was first incorporated as a privately held company on September 7, 1998. Google's initial public offering took place on August 19, 2004, raising $1.67 billion, making it worth $23 billion. Through a series of new product developments, acquisitions and partnerships, the company has expanded its initial search and advertising business into other areas, including web-based email, online mapping, office productivity, and video sharing, among others.

intheclutch

Reaction score
Google for me. Not just for websites, but they have so many other things like the maps/directions, images, videos, etc.

shivk

Reaction score
It seems that almost all agree that Google is the best search engine around right now.Infact I am also an ardent fan of google and use it 99 % of time. However for finding some scietific article I sometimes use
www.scirus.com.

Google, even though I probably use Yahoo more often; Yahoo makes a better homepage than Google IMO

If you use iGoogle. I am sure you will be able to customize your google searc page to your liking.

Cowen

Reaction score
Google for sure. All the others never seem to work as well for me. Plus its not cluttered like the rest. Its a lot more clean cut and simple.