The Best Mobile Device

callumacrae

not alex mac
Community Support
Reaction score
I've had my iPhone 3G for nearly a year now and I love it, so much so that I'll pay to upgrade to the next one in June.

Battery life is still great, the only bad thing about it is O2 (the iPhone seems to cripple any network it is released on).

And the synchronisation aspect of it great. Some people say they don't like it because they can't copy music from their friends - that's called pirating, its disabled for a reason.

The main complaint for the iPhone is the lack of flash. If one person can explain how flash would work on a touch screen, I will be very impressed. The correct answer is that flash just wouldn't work. Oh, and it needs rewriting, it uses far too many resources and causes most of the crashes on my computer.

~Callum

DeadBattery

Community Support Team
Community Support
Reaction score
I think Apple has really done well with mobile devices. I've had my 1G iPod touch ever since it came out and it still works for my needs.
If you call the iPad a mobile device, it is my favorite hands down. (using it to type this message)
About flash, the only thing that flash is really good at is video like youtube. Everything else should be replaced with a standard webpage, in my opinion.

callumacrae

not alex mac
Community Support
Reaction score
I think Apple has really done well with mobile devices. I've had my 1G iPod touch ever since it came out and it still works for my needs.
If you call the iPad a mobile device, it is my favorite hands down. (using it to type this message)
About flash, the only thing that flash is really good at is video like youtube. Everything else should be replaced with a standard webpage, in my opinion.

Flash is awful, it uses far too many resources and is insecure.

Even youtube is moving to HTML5 :)

~Callum

hot100

Reaction score
The Omnia range from Samsung is the thing for me now. I do appreciate Apple products but my only problem with them is that you can only use Apple specific applications on them.

The Omnia's give you all the functionality of the iPhone and then some.

Using windows mobile 6.5, with 8 mp cameras giving dvd quality videos and processors of 500MHZ above, inbuilt memory 16GB, 32GB, expansion cards of up to 64GB, full touch screen, G-sensor e.t.c (note: the specs are dependent on the type of Omnia model)

...and now...wait for it, it will soon be possible to dual boot the Omnia into ANDROID or WINDOWS mobile once the chefs at Modaco cook up a stable ANDROMNIA.

All in all, portability is the thing and so far, the Omnias are doing it for me.

Capabilities like email blah blah go without saying.

dibb3386

Reaction score
Id have to say Iphone, i know :( shame on me lol but truely a great device. Faster and more versatile than any current windows edition phone. The app thing , well just a phase? a fad? The newest must have causing a mass hysteria. Am sure windows has some thing up there sleeve. How come Mac ant had a phone out??? or do they? Will they? Mac on phone wouldnt be too bad would it?

darzamora

Reaction score
I've been waiting for my Nokia E71 Black edition. :) This i think will be my best mobile so far :) since it is handy and wi-fi ready mobile.

hot100

Reaction score
I've been waiting for my Nokia E71 Black edition. :) This i think will be my best mobile so far :) since it is handy and wi-fi ready mobile.

I used to own an E71. Pretty neat phone actually. I did have a few problems with it though. The first being that its qwerty keys were too small. For those with wide finger tips, its pretty hard to type messages on such a narrow keyboard.

Another issue with it was the processor speeds and graphics. Its more of a business gadget and not at all built for entertainment. So, if you own one, you might need to carry an ipod or other mp3 player for your large library of audio. You cannot watch any quality videos on the screen since its not big enough and the quality of the picture at such resolutions is also limited.

You cannot install and play quality games since Symbian cannot offer full graphic capabilities on its platform. If you are a person that needs the phone to ring only. Then its an ok device. Otherwise, I'd advise you to expand your experience and enter the world of windows mobile devices or android. HTC are the king when it comes to Android. Samsung are doing pretty well too when it comes to the windows mobile platform. They have an Omnia ii range which is just awesome. Memory, graphics and all.

dibb3386

Reaction score
Windows deffo need a new platform! its got to be in the works !! HTC was amazing for me a little slow but i bought an out dated model ( coz money does grow on trees for me) and it was really good but slow and crashed alot but i was doing things that shouldnt be done really PSX emulator :)
but everything i needed! mail net, wifi, txt, phone...just to slow!!!! If win can get anything better than apple quicker reboots, shut down start etc! and a win store? building apps cant be done with windows yet i believe??? time to jump? multiplatform too!!! or maybe some thing really great?

Last edited:

somethink

Reaction score
Sony Erricsson X10, coming soon Nokia N8, and Samsung Galaxy S seems promising to me.. They have great specs for me ;)
Well, more than that it's because OS.. I don't really like WinMo, Apple, nor feature phone without OS, so Androids and (maybe) new Symbian^3's OS based phone suite me well...

mattblog

Reaction score
There are a lot of mobile devices out there. Blackberry is suspected for being the buissness one, iphone for the entertainment, and google android for both. According to the websites, Blackberry does not have many apps, most the ones they have are buissness related. Iphone and Google Android have surpased and continuing to multiply the number of aps they carry in their app stores. Google android has a faster proccesing speed and many of the phone it is on, it will most likely have a better camera, and assumed to have better speed. However when going with apple you always get that safe feeling inside that you wont get any viruses and you have the warranty. When it comes to it, iphone and google android are very competative. Both ahve great featured. i would probably, however go for the iphone because of its easy user interface and constant updates.

callumacrae

not alex mac
Community Support
Reaction score
There are a lot of mobile devices out there. Blackberry is suspected for being the buissness one, iphone for the entertainment, and google android for both. According to the websites, Blackberry does not have many apps, most the ones they have are buissness related. Iphone and Google Android have surpased and continuing to multiply the number of aps they carry in their app stores. Google android has a faster proccesing speed and many of the phone it is on, it will most likely have a better camera, and assumed to have better speed. However when going with apple you always get that safe feeling inside that you wont get any viruses and you have the warranty. When it comes to it, iphone and google android are very competative. Both ahve great featured. i would probably, however go for the iphone because of its easy user interface and constant updates.

iPhone isn't just for games, Apple only started advertising the games a year ago. Hopefully the iPhone 4G will see loadsa new features, cos I've just sold my 3G :)

~Callum

krofunk

Reaction score
I like many others would have to say iPhone, but I would have to say modern HTC phones are a close second

wongers

Reaction score
tbh id probably have to also side with the iPhone but just because it has lots of internal memory and id probably use it more as an iPod then an iPhone.