The Devil May Be

rajat44

Banned
Reaction score
Hey! :)
I'd be really grateful if you could maybe, take out a few minutes and review my site/give your useful advice/opinions about it.. :)
I'm not yet done with it, ALOT is left.. but its always encouraging to know if your going the right way(or not..lol)..
The Devil May Be - To Be Good, The Bad Way!

conzone

Reaction score
It looks like "Beastie" to me, copyright ?
edit
yes copywrite Marshall Kirk McKusick.
remove that logo rajat44

Last edited:

John Klyne

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
I actually like the background, nice graphics as well, layout and such...alls nice.

Made an account for testing purposes...came to conclusion that you have a broken image on the left when making an account.

On the left you can click on a "Create an account link"...I just made an account...?

I see you have a forum, clean layouts are always good.

You made a pretty interesting site...good concept, you said you're not done yet...get to it, I think it has potential...

Also if you ever want to reveal the source for the site you have made...PM me with the link, your site acted as inspiration/startup for something else I have in mind.

Good work on it, change the logo/create your own, you can do it.

Have fun.
From
John Klyne.

rajat44

Banned
Reaction score
the logos made by me.. :/
go to http://iconfinder.com and search for devil.. i got the devil from there..
i made the spirally thingee bg for the logo using gimp.. i havnt copied it!

Thanks alot anyways! :D
Happy u all like it! :)

rajat44

Banned
Reaction score
hmm.. yea, i see it..
but since the logos up on iconfinder anyways, im not breaking any copyright law.. if a copyright law is broken, its by iconfinder.. as all icons there are free for use.. :p :)

essellar

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Um, no -- it doesn't mater where you got it from, the only person who can give you permission to use copyright material is the copyright holder. And now that you know that you are using copyright material without a grant of license, you have two choices: ask Mr. McKusic for a grant of license to use the image (which he probably will not grant, since it is not for strictly personal use and is not being used in connection with BSD) or, if your site is hosted here, take it as read that you have been told that you are (however inadvertently) violating copyright, which is against the TOS.

rajat44

Banned
Reaction score
Im asking Mr McKusic! I love the Devil.. :) :p

---------- Post added at 01:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:57 PM ----------

The copyright of the BSD daemon is held by Marshall Kirk McKusick (a very early BSD developer who worked with Bill Joy). He has freely licensed the mascot for individual "personal use within the bounds of good taste (an example of bad taste was a picture of the BSD daemon blowtorching a Solaris logo)." Any use requires both a copyright notice and attribution.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BSD_Daemon#Copyright

Im adding a copyright notice.. now ok?

conzone

Reaction score
Mr McKusic is contacting iconfinder with a "take down notice"