The "Hi" Message. How can I get it to go away!

Status
Not open for further replies.

willddosforfood12

Reaction score
Everytime I try to put files on my cpanel no matter where they are I always get this messgae "HI" on my website. no matter what. Idk what it is. Could I have help.

MaestroFX1

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Hello!

Have you tried removing index.html from your public_html ?

Smith6612

I ate all of the x10Pizza
Community Support
Reaction score
Check your public_html folder for the file that contains the "Hi." text. I believe the server prefers HTML files over PHP files first if they are named as index files.

Smith6612

I ate all of the x10Pizza
Community Support
Reaction score
Dang it dude I cant find any hi.txt :(

My sites l337scap3.co.cc can you see it?

I can see it when I visit your site (http://1337scap3.co.cc/). It won't be showing up as a .txt file. It would instead be more than likely a .htm or .html file causing the issue. The file would be called something such as index.htm , index.html or index.php

Last edited:

willddosforfood12

Reaction score
I can see it when I visit your site (http://1337scap3.co.cc/). It won't be showing up as a .txt file. It would instead be more than likely a .htm or .html file causing the issue. The file would be called something such as index.htm , index.html or index.php

Dude im trying to isntall mybb. I deleted all the files in my public html folder and uploaded the proper files for mybb setup. I STILL GET THE TEXT its making me mad lol!

MaestroFX1

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Dude im trying to isntall mybb. I deleted all the files in my public html folder and uploaded the proper files for mybb setup. I STILL GET THE TEXT its making me mad lol!

Hi! is gone now.
Clear your browser cache and try again.
Where are you uploading those files ?
It should be public_html.

Status
Not open for further replies.