the modern education system

henk506673

Reaction score
here is your chance to critique the modern education system. how is it doing on today's students and how safe do you think your future will be with the up and coming student generation. any thoughts i want to be said here and now. come on people, this is your chance to speak your mind and let the world know how you feel about education and the system that it belongs to. is it corrupt or is it doing great by you?

---------- Post added at 10:26 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:53 AM ----------

i will start with my observations
1. education today is not enough hands on activity. it has been proven that students learn better when participating in hands on activity
2. the homework that students are given is ruthless. some students spend all day trapped under it.
there are some perks.
1. teachers do try to engage the students more.
2. some schools are preparing students for tomorrow.
what are your observations?

Last edited:

ReMiXeDg

Reaction score
The education system is messed up around my area, Thats what I can say.. My school has metal detectors and still people get into school from back doors with knifes and wepons..

You might be interested in this video I seen a couple days ago while browsing the web, I showed it to a remorse amount of people and they liked it so why not give it a try.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PHmwZ96_Gos

henk506673

Reaction score
fourtanatly i am in a school district that is not that messed up but some of the teachers are slightly looney. over all with all of my complaints above after hearing you i should not be complaining. what area is your district.

Interscopia

x10 Caffeine Addict
Prime Account
Reaction score
I feel the education system where I am, isn't good.

The education system is far too slow, and out-dated. Organization isn't something they excel in either. They do not communicate with each other to address problems that arise within the system.

henk506673

Reaction score
I feel the education system where I am, isn't good.

The education system is far too slow, and out-dated. Organization isn't something they excel in either. They do not communicate with each other to address problems that arise within the system.
in some ways i agree with you and yet i do not find what you are saying to be completely true. for me the system is fast enough but i do agree with you on the communication part. they diffidently need to work on communication.

henk506673

Reaction score
come on people everyone knows someone in the education system, so do not be affraid to make a comment. thoughts are welcome, idle speculation or regular speculation

lmpure

Reaction score
The education system where I am is, quite frankly, terrible.
They decided that they want to experiment with new scheduling, earlier times, more classes a day, etc.
Which is really stupid, to be honest. My school is currently supposed to be up for closing since everyone is failing their classes.
They also are breaking their own system, rather than have the normal grading scale deal they had before, now your grades continue on to the next semester.
So if you fail the first, you have to get A's through the next or you'll fail that semester too.
The way I see it, the current education system is run on people higher up watching their wallets and not the schools.
They also force you to take the same classes over and over through-out your education years.
You learn algebra in like, 3rd Grade, yet its required in high school.
Not to mention they put you in classes that have nothing to do with your preferred profession.
I mean, I don't need to find the direct measure of a hypotenuse of a right triangle while I'm writing operating systems.
My opinion: They should schedule you on classes that relate to what skills you have, not this required mash they put together.

henk506673

Reaction score
The education system where I am is, quite frankly, terrible.
They decided that they want to experiment with new scheduling, earlier times, more classes a day, etc.
Which is really stupid, to be honest. My school is currently supposed to be up for closing since everyone is failing their classes.
They also are breaking their own system, rather than have the normal grading scale deal they had before, now your grades continue on to the next semester.
So if you fail the first, you have to get A's through the next or you'll fail that semester too.
The way I see it, the current education system is run on people higher up watching their wallets and not the schools.
They also force you to take the same classes over and over through-out your education years.
You learn algebra in like, 3rd Grade, yet its required in high school.
Not to mention they put you in classes that have nothing to do with your preferred profession.
I mean, I don't need to find the direct measure of a hypotenuse of a right triangle while I'm writing operating systems.
My opinion: They should schedule you on classes that relate to what skills you have, not this required mash they put together.
that is dumb sounds like they give you no chance to get out of a hole if you are in one. third graders should deffinently not be learning algebra, although i do dissagree with you on the fact of taking classes not required for your profession, you deffinently need math all types of math for software.

Smith6612

I ate all of the x10Pizza
Community Support
Reaction score
I honestly feel that the education system is just fine in my area. As for the schools, I suppose it depends on what part of the area you're at. Schools closer to the city tend to be a bit more chaotic and often times achieve lower grade point averages than the ones out in the suburbs or even farmland. I would love to see some more hands-on activity though, as well as better utilization of available technology in the school. Maybe making some clubs that promote hands on activity with something career-oriented would be nice too.

henk506673

Reaction score
I honestly feel that the education system is just fine in my area. As for the schools, I suppose it depends on what part of the area you're at. Schools closer to the city tend to be a bit more chaotic and often times achieve lower grade point averages than the ones out in the suburbs or even farmland. I would love to see some more hands-on activity though, as well as better utilization of available technology in the school. Maybe making some clubs that promote hands on activity with something career-oriented would be nice too.

could not agree more with you. smith6612 there are kinks that should be worked out but over all in my area it is decent.