"The mysql error was: Access denied for user ..." message

Status
Not open for further replies.

ianspringham

Reaction score
Hi My Drupal site was suspended for high processing usage, then unsuspended. There were several errors after being unsuspended; the latest and most persistent is:
Site off-line
The site is currently not available due to technical problems. Please try again later. Thank you for your understanding.

If you are the maintainer of this site, please check your database settings in the settings.php file and ensure that your hosting provider's database server is running. For more help, see the handbook, or contact your hosting provider.

The mysql error was: Access denied for user 'ianvs777_d6'@'int.lotus.x10hosting.com' (using password: YES).

I cannot access the control panel, so any suggestions would be gratefully appreciated.

Thanks for reading this,

Ian

Last edited:

Derek

Community Support Force
Community Support
Reaction score
Try re-linking your mysql database and user.

ianspringham

Reaction score
Hi Derek, Thanks for your prompt reply. I cannot access my control panel or phpmyadmin; is there another way through? Kind regards, Ian

ianspringham

Reaction score
Thanks for your help. I got back into the cpanel and reconnected to the database. The error remains there; I'll have another look later.

ianspringham

Reaction score
Hi, thanks for all your help. I edited the password in settings.php and all returned to life.

Status
Not open for further replies.