The orange box?

revin

Reaction score
:dunno:

well i've been looking at the games

are they worth getting? for about 45$ i get 3 games

i've heard Portal and TF2 were good to play for a bit

and i'm a fan of the HL series, but are they worth the effort? gameplay wise?

revin

Reaction score
whats so great about em?

online play?

easy to use controls?

o_O

i hear Portal is a good puzzle game

Kayos

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
It's probably the best deal in gaming today. I got it for my 360 for 30 bucks. That's 5 games...for 30 bucks.

Anyone who is a fan of FPS or action games in general should get it. Portal is also a must play.

revin

Reaction score
ah okies then

maybe i will get the orange box :p

i'm a fan of all FPS games ever since wolfenstein3d-classic

Smith6612

I ate all of the x10Pizza
Community Support
Reaction score
The Valve Everything Pack and The Orange Box are both the best deals for the most bang for the buck out there. A lot of the games in the Valve Everything Pack can run on even the crappiest of computers. My old gaming computer which is a GeForce 4MX AGP8x system, running 256MB of RAM actually runs Half-Life 2 at the max settings that the card supports (no shaders or HDR) at a pretty high framerate.

But Team Fortress 2 and Portal are addicting. The Half-Life series in my opinion has a good story behind it as well. If anything, The Orange Box or if you have the cash, the Valve Everything Pack would be the best things to get. You'll need to use Steam, but it's very easy on what it lets you do.

nterror

Reaction score
I didn't like TF2. Thought it was a spam fest, and after a week it got old.

The Orange Box is worth getting though. You get HL2 and Episodes 1 and 2 (there's a third episode in the works). This is a great single player game. Yes its old, but you don't really notice it. Graphics and the engine are still great.

Portal is a good puzzle game, after completing it there is a challenge mode to change things up, extending the gameplay.

Now, once you are done with that, whats next? MODS! Owning a game that uses the source engine gives you access to the SourceSDK in Steam. With this, you can play quality mods like: Insurgency, Eternal Silence, GoldenEye Source, PerfectDark Source, D.I.P.R.I.P., and the list goes on with more on the way! The ones listed are online multiplayer, but there are single player mods available as well, like Black Mesa Source (this one is still in development, but I can't wait!).

Last edited:

Spartan Erik

Retired
Reaction score
I'm not a big fan of TF2 (graphics bother me, probably just me), but Portal is a must-play game. It's definitely worth it, plus all the modded servers around..

anirtak143

Reaction score
depends on your taste...
im the missiony story person.. i dont play games without stories.. :p

Smith6612

I ate all of the x10Pizza
Community Support
Reaction score
I didn't like TF2. Thought it was a spam fest, and after a week it got old.

The Orange Box is worth getting though. You get HL2 and Episodes 1 and 2 (there's a third episode in the works). This is a great single player game. Yes its old, but you don't really notice it. Graphics and the engine are still great.

Portal is a good puzzle game, after completing it there is a challenge mode to change things up, extending the gameplay.

Now, once you are done with that, whats next? MODS! Owning a game that uses the source engine gives you access to the SourceSDK in Steam. With this, you can play quality mods like: Insurgency, Eternal Silence, GoldenEye Source, PerfectDark Source, D.I.P.R.I.P., and the list goes on with more on the way! The ones listed are online multiplayer, but there are single player mods available as well, like Black Mesa Source (this one is still in development, but I can't wait!).

YOu also forgot to mention, that using the Source SDK files you can make your own mods and maps, etc as well.

MuRRe

Reaction score
I own it for the PS3.
I can tell you, Portal is SO much fun.
Also, if you haven't played trough HL, DO IT!!!

fempower

Reaction score
I'd love to get this when I get the cash and/or price comes down. Looks like a decent deal for well-regarded games.