The PHP temporary directory is not set. Joomla 1.6.1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Hello
I am having a problem installing modules and components with Joomla 1.6.1 which was also a problem in 1.6.0 and am getting the response in the warnings of The PHP temporary directory is not set. Also additional information of The PHP temporary directory is the directory that PHP uses to store an uploaded file before Joomla! can access this file. Whilst the directory not being set isn't always a problem, if you are having issues with manifest files not being detected or uploaded files not being detected, setting this in your php.ini file might fix the issue. How do we get this resolved.
I know there has been a major move and you have a load of work going on so keep up the good work but please keep me posted.

Thanks

garrettroyce

Community Support
Community Support
Reaction score
This can be set if you place at the top of your index.php file, after the <?php tag:

Code:
ini_set('upload_tmp_dir', '/home/USERNAME/public_html/tmp');

or

Code:
ini_set('upload_tmp_dir', '/tmp');

Choice #1 means that only you can access your temp files #2 means anyone with an X10Hosting free account on your server can access them.

I'll mention to the staff members this is happening, but I can't give you an ETA on it being assessed, so you might want to try one of the above to fix it temporarily and then try deleting it and see if it works periodically. When it does, it will be method #2, so there is some benefit still to using #1.

Do you have another account? Your forum account is not linked to any hosting account. If you can provide your CPanel user name, that would be great. This will need to be corrected or eventually you will be suspended for inactivity even though you sign on to the forums.

Last edited:

MaestroFX1

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Open your configuration.php and add/edit the following:

public $log_path = '/public_html/logs';
public $tmp_path = '/public_html/tmp';

Reaction score
Hi
No luck with that. This is the warning I get in Joomla.

The PHP temporary directory is not set
The PHP temporary directory is the directory that PHP uses to store an uploaded file before Joomla! can access this file. Whilst the directory not being set isn't always a problem, if you are having issues with manifest files not being detected or uploaded files not being detected, setting this in your php.ini file might fix the issue.

Thanks for your help

Reaction score
Hello
I have not been able to resolve the problem installing extensions, components and plugins. Has anyone figured out what is causing this.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.