the Ps3

Status
Not open for further replies.

beandab

Reaction score
cover-ps3_60go_et_manette_ps31.jpg

:happysad: :happysad: The PlayStation 3 (officially marketed PLAYSTATION 3,[4] commonly abbreviated PS3) is the third home video game console produced by Sony Computer Entertainment and successor to the PlayStation 2 as part of the PlayStation series. The PlayStation 3 competes with Microsoft's Xbox 360 and Nintendo's Wii as part of the seventh generation of video game systems.
A major feature that distinguishes the PlayStation 3 from its predecessors is its unified online gaming service, the PlayStation Network,[5] which contrasts with Sony's former policy of relying on games developers for online play.[6] Other major features of the console include its robust multimedia capabilities,[7] connectivity with the PlayStation Portable,[8] and its use of a next-gen optical media, Blu-ray Disc, as its primary storage medium.[9]
The PlayStation 3 was first released on November 11, 2006, in Japan,[10] November 17, 2006 in North America,[11] and March 23, 2007 in Europe and Oceania,[12][13] with two stock keeping units (SKUs): a basic model with a 20 GB hard disk drive (HDD), and a premium model with a 60 GB HDD and several additional features.[14] (The 20 GB model was not released in Europe or Oceania.)[15] Since then, the console has had several revisions made to its available SKUs and has faced stiff competition from the other seventh generation consoles.[16] As of December 20, 2007, the PS3 is in third place in home console sales for its generation :happysad:
;)

source : wikipedia

Spartan Erik

Retired
Reaction score
Trying to get points I see.. well to keep this thread relevant, I am typing this message from my PS3! Takes forever..

Brandon

Former Senior Account Rep
Community Support
Reaction score
Trying to get points I see.. well to keep this thread relevant, I am typing this message from my PS3! Takes forever..

Get a keyboard for it, it makes it much easier, trust me.

tnl2k7

Banned
Reaction score
Beandab,

Please refrain from posting things like this in the forums just to get your credits up (I assume that's what you're doing anyway). And if you are going to post it, at least ask something or make it useful so the community can reply. I'll leave this thread open as it hasn't become the home to spam.

-Luke.

echidna

Reaction score

You're awesome! :hahano:

I don't internet access for my PS3 yet. Anyone have any pointers on the best way to set it up?

Zangetsu

Reaction score
as i was saying i can help do you have wired or wireless or both ?

wired: just pop the cable in to the back of the console and go to system settings > network then pick wired and it should connect without any problems unless you're using a router if sucessfull you should be able to see the network data i.e. ip, subnet mask, gateway, etc

wireless go to system settings or config > network > wireless > search for wireless networks, pick what security there is on your Wlan i.e. wpa-esk, none, then enter your security key and make sure the modem accepts new connections, and then it should show you the ip, subnet mask, gateway, etc and your all set

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.