"The requested URL has reached its request limit"

Status
Not open for further replies.

theendof

Reaction score
Hi all. Having a problem with this page on my site:

http://theendoftheline.x10host.com/graphics/graphicslibrary.html

It displays about 1000 graphics. (Too many, perhaps??)

I will either get this error: "Too Many Requests. The requested URL has reached its request limit. Please wait and try your request again",
and/or all the graphics will not display.

I'm guessing/imagining I'm running into a bandwidth limit of some kind, that I'm not aware of?
Any comment/advice much apprec.

hey thanks,
[Cajun Queen]

kenny9

Reaction score
The statement below is from the TOS (found at the end of the page). What are all the graphics for?

File Storage
Hosting accounts may not be used to store backups, personal files, or non-web accessible files. Any files hosted on the account must be directly related to the website the account is intended for. Files over 10MB in size will be automatically removed from non-upgraded accounts.

theendof

Reaction score
The statement below is from the TOS (found at the end of the page). What are all the graphics for?

File Storage
Hosting accounts may not be used to store backups, personal files, or non-web accessible files. Any files hosted on the account must be directly related to the website the account is intended for. Files over 10MB in size will be automatically removed from non-upgraded accounts.
i see what you mean but no they're not backup files. They're a sort of personal art project I got involved in; heavily edited, customized, and curated graphics. I needed a few hundred when I started it, and it ended up growing into 1,100. (But, it's done growing: there won't be any more of them.) Having the graphics there accessible on the webpage is how my friends and critics review them, send me comments, etc

bdistler

Prime Account
Reaction score
I will either get this error: "Too Many Requests...

with a page size of more than 58 MiB and more than 1000 images there is no way it will load from a free-hosting account - do to "High Resource Usage" (HRU)

High Resource Usage (HRU) means the account (site) was using more then its share of CPU and/or RAM for an extended period of time

check the resource usage graphs in your [ cPanel-x3 ] (not x10hosting Basic) - to see what is happening.

Last edited:

theendof

Reaction score
with a page size of more than 58 MiB and more than 1000 images there is no way it will load from a free-hosting account - do to "High Resource Usage" (HRU)

High Resource Usage (HRU) means the account (site) was using more then its share of CPU and/or RAM for an extended period of time

check the resource usage graphs in your [ cPanel-x3 ] (not x10hosting Basic) - to see what is happening.

okay, will do. probably i can break that big page (with 1100 images) into say 11 smaller pages

Status
Not open for further replies.