The right age to get married?

At what age would 'u' wana get married?

• Total voters

akkudreamz

Reaction score
Well I finished by graduation last year (yaayyy!!! :p)
and ever since then all my friends seem to be in a hurry to get married.
Somebody's getting engaged or married and someone just came back from honeymoon....

I don't know about other countries but in India the youth appear to be going towards a trend of getting married early on at the start of their career the beginning of a professional life.

I am surprised to notice that while I feel i wont be ready till i am 26 or 27 (i m 22 right now) the others are in a rush to tie the knot. (and get tied to it)

Ofcourse its a personal thing to decide such stuff....but do you think getting married right after college is cool.

Isnt the post-college life still the time to be free find your own world live your life (read 'get a life')

We have members here from all over the world...let's have inputs from all of them.

So What according to you is the right age to get married. Please mention your views as just your personal opinion and cite the cultural aspects of your area regarding this.

tittat

Reaction score
Hi akkudreamz, you are only just 22.Its too early to get married.I will recommend you to go and enjoy your Bachelor life before you get married.Me too from your home country (Kerala,India).We people usually think about the marriage at the age of 25,26 or 27.

blueiron

Reaction score
Marriage is a very big thing, and with it, usually come children.
I've chose 25-30, just because its a nice middle-ish area. But I could just as easily have chosen 30-40.
There is a good deal of experience to be had in life, that marriage can definitely effect that. Personally, you could get married early, and go have the time of your life with the person you love. All before having children.

I recently fell in love and wouldn't mind, at all, to be married to this person. Do I think I'm still a bit young for marriage? Of course I do, I haven't finished college yet, and I've a lot of things planed for MYSELF, before taking on the responsibilities of marriage.

Alas, after I've completed the things I feel I need to complete, I would not hesitate a bit, to be married to the beautify lady who I love so dearly. In fact, I could see the two of us off doing plenty of exciting and amazing things, still, before children.

The biggest part of marriage is the couples decision to have children. Children are very beautiful things, but if you haven't yet seen the beauty of the world you live in, and want to, you should not have children directly after marriage.

BringIt

Reaction score
I chose 25-30 also, it's a good age.
For one, it's at an age that most people have already gone through their "party" years and are now ready to move on with life.
lastly it's at an age where most people have a good secure, well paying job and are ready to start a family.

mattura

Reaction score
I think it's worth thinking about what ages your children will be when you get old, and how many you want, and how far apart.
As women tend to be less able to have children after 40, there is obviously a limit to think about.
I personally want my children to spend some time with their grandparents and to be similar ages to their cousins (I have a big family and I believe we have all benefited from exactly that situation)

I should point out that people may see marriage/children differently to me, but I'd like to be married before I have children, and be settled (house, job etc) before marriage.

Dundern

Reaction score
i chose 25-30 just because there is no "when you feel like it" option

Parsa44

Reaction score
Personally the idea of getting married and having children is a sickening thought for me. I dont think it will ever become appealing.

Although i am perfectly fine with the girl freind and all. But i dont like the idea of becoming a dad.

browndrake

Reaction score
I chose 20-25 but don't think that grouping is any better or worse than 25-30 or any of the others for that matter.

Marriage is a huge commitment and should only be entered when one is ready for it. Readiness does not come with age, rather with maturity and commitment.

There are many good arguments for waiting until one is cone with school and well established in one's career before marrying. There are also many reasons why not to wait that long.

I would recommend marriage for a couple, when there is love, commitment, maturity, etc.

Marriage is difficult. It can be agonizingly painful. It is full of challenges. BUT, it is also wonderful, exciting, eternally rewarding, and IMHO much better than single life.
I was married at age 24. This year we will celebrate our 16th anniversary with our five children.

browndrake

thebabyhater

Reaction score
To me, the age itself doesn't matter as much as:

1) Financial stability, and
2) Maturity.

Before somebody gets married, they should be able to support themselves as well as their spouse comfortably, and must have realistic expectations of the marriage. That includes not getting the woman pregnant on the wedding night (or ever, ideally... but I know very few people agree with me). People need to understand the financial aspects of it as well... communal property, etc.

jaint

Reaction score
honestly I'm in my 20s and I'm not ready to get married...I still value my freedom too much lol

whitebus

Reaction score
take my word... finish school, then get married and make sure your partner is done with school too.

dbojan

Reaction score
I think that the best age is 28-35. That's when you finish collage, get a job and start to earn enough to be family guy.

obros

Reaction score
I agree with thebabyhater in most ways. In addition, I believe that it is important that one come to understand oneself before having such an enormous influence on someone else's life.

Reaction score
In reply to your thread title I don't believe there is a "right age to get married".

What might be right for someone won't necessarily be right for someone else.

I voted 25-30 - I don't know if that will happen. I mean, who know's WHAT "love" is? Can they describe it in words? For me, "love" is un-describable. I thought I "loved" someone when I was 14/15 years old (I'm now 17) but now I realise, in comparison to now, with the person I'm with I never "loved" that person. Maybe when I look back when I'm 25 to now I'll say the same thing, who knows. I don't think ANYONE, including ourselves know.

rmaslic

Reaction score
I chose 25-30 because 20-30 is a bit too young and 30-40 is too old. But, it is different for everyone.

chaoztlg

Reaction score
i chose 25-30, mainly because it's the age where you finish college and/or start doing a serious job. When you ( and your partner) are able to sustain the family financially, then you can start a family without any worries ( except for the usual issues marriage and children bring along) ;)

lair360

Reaction score
Well...in my research. In Bangladesh, many young children are forced to be married very early.
But, in Scotland, there is a rule...

You must be over 18 and some sort of certificate to be marry in UK, if you're from another country...