The "Root Directory"

Status
Not open for further replies.

coastal2011

Reaction score
Hi,

When I attempt to publish my site through Dreamweaver cs5, it asks to enter the "Root Directory". What would this be for x10hosting?

stardom

Reaction score
When you log into your cpanel and then into your file manager. your root directory would be here
s600_gallery-1-1275383736_rootpic.jpg

hope this helps

coastal2011

Reaction score
Sorry, but I am still confused...

I have entered "public_html" as the Root Directory when trying to get my website online through Dreamweaver. When I go to my website, it just shows the x10hosting default page. How can I change this so that it shows the content that I have designed in dreamweaver?

Thanks

stardom

Reaction score
does it show anywhere in your file manager that you have uploaded the files?

calistoy

Free Support Volunteer
Community Support
Reaction score
Try just typing / into the settings. If that doesn't work, second, try /public_html

carl6969

Community Support Team
Community Support
Reaction score
Try deleting the current index file from your public_html and then upload your site again. Sometimes this solves this type of issue with new hosting accounts.

coastal2011

Reaction score
When I look under File Manager > public_html only my images have been uploaded...but none of the html sites :confused:

stardom

Reaction score
i would suggest just exporting them all , zip them and using file manager to upload the compressed file to your root. then use file manager to unarchive the zip file.

liltempz

Reaction score
Try filezilla, might be easier for you. and delect everything in your Public_html and upload your new files. To do that just drag and drop your files into FileZilla.

Status
Not open for further replies.