The Sims - Cheat Code problem.

Starshine

Legend Killer
Reaction score
Wonder if anyone plays The Sims on PC? ( Specifically, the Sims 2: Double Deluxe )

For whatever reason, I had the game installed once, but now when I reinstalled it, the cheat code debug box doesn't come up when I type the code ( Which is Shift-Ctrl-C ) ... I dunno what may be different.

Can anyone think of a reason or something I could try?

Kayos

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
From http://www.gamewinners.com/DOSWIN/blsims2deluxe.htm

Turn Autopatch on and go to the Custom Content Browser (the little snowflake button on the UCP in the neighborhood). If there is an update available you will be asked whether you want to download it.

Try that, the cheats may be related to what version you have.

Starshine

Legend Killer
Reaction score
I found the custom content browser, but can't seem to find where I turn auto-patch on.

I checked all the settings and rebooted and still the debug window doesn't open. I'm a little puzzled because this same computer had the game on it previously ( probably within last 6-9 months ) and the debug window / cheats worked.

Livewire

Abuse Compliance Officer
Staff member
Reaction score
I found the custom content browser, but can't seem to find where I turn auto-patch on.

I checked all the settings and rebooted and still the debug window doesn't open. I'm a little puzzled because this same computer had the game on it previously ( probably within last 6-9 months ) and the debug window / cheats worked.

Any custom content/mods? Some of those screw things up bad if they're coded poorly.

Starshine

Legend Killer
Reaction score
No. It was a clean install. Nothing added. I am planning to reinstall it. I wonder if it wasn't due to the CD key. I had actually lost mine and found one online.

But I was able to contact EA and get my CD key again, so I am going to uninstall / reinstall it and use the proper key and see if that does anything differently.

Starshine

Legend Killer
Reaction score
just push ctlr + shift + c and than the text = "motherlode"

Not to sound rude, but did you take the time to read the short first message, or did you just read the subject / topic heading and post?

Let me refresh :

For whatever reason, I had the game installed once, but now when I reinstalled it, the cheat code debug box doesn't come up when I type the code ( Which is Shift-Ctrl-C ) ... I dunno what may be different.