The site title in Wordpress installation not chaging

Status
Not open for further replies.

roshan.george201015

Reaction score
I installed Wordpress in my hosting account. I changed the name of the website in the Wordpress dashboard. The changed name is shown in the dashboard, but, when the site is visited, the title shown in the browser is the old one.

I changed the name from 'Site Tuts' to 'Tut Master', but it is stil the old 'Site Tuts' .How to correct this ?

calistoy

Free Support Volunteer
Community Support
Reaction score
Have you tried clearing your browser's cache? I see the change and not the old one.

roshan.george201015

Reaction score
@Calistoy

Thank you for the quick reply. Even after clearing the cache of my browser, when I visit the homepage, it shows the old name 'Site Tuts', and when visiting the other pages, the new changed name is shown. Why is this?

Also, I have got another doubt, but related to the name...One of the forum member said that there is a virus in my website....His comment is shown in http://x10hosting.com/forums/review...ebsite-creation-guide-website.html#post871353 ... Please can you check what is wrong?

Livewire

Abuse Compliance Officer
Staff member
Reaction score
That I can answer, Norton has likely flagged the entire x10.mx domain due to one or two sites being viral. This is unfortunately common - Norton and other AV softwares (including AVG and Symantec) have done the same in the past, mostly because they weren't aware that the x10.mx subdomain series is -not- all the same site/owner, it's several free users.

The problem here is that Norton fails to respond when we tell them this, so they keep flagging it.

In addition I can see what you're seeing, I'll take a peek and see if I can identify what needs changing - I can see the <title> itself says Site tuts, but then the logo says Tut Masters. That part's not being cached, something's not set right -somewhere-.

roshan.george201015

Reaction score
@Livewire

Thank you for the fast response. I tried changing the names in the WP dashboard, looked here and there inside the hosting dashboard, and thank you that you found me the cure.
Since, it was said of a virus, I was actually planning to reinstall the wordpress installation to make it right.... You saved me from that too.

Status
Not open for further replies.