The Tribute Pages - Major Revamp. Please review :)

crashb64879

Reaction score
Hello everyone here at X10 hosting! Hope everything is going well :)

Anyways, I've recently put a lot of work into my website, named the tribute pages. Which is quite self-explanatory on what the site is about.

I'd really like some feedback on the general appearance of the site, along with what you like of the actual tribute pages. :D

SITE LINK: http://www.thetributepages.info/

Thanks in advance!
- Crashb648

motwera

Reaction score
hey? aren't you someone who is from CM forums?
btw , ur site looks good but needs some tweaks on the background because its too bright

crashb64879

Reaction score
I certainly am! Althrough i dont have time to post anymore, i visit the forum daily!

And certainly. Just background is too bright compared to the text?

markforbes130113

Reaction score
Personally, there's too many colours there.
There's no hierarchy on the website, everything just looks clogged.

You need to use a mix of Unity (where everything works well together), hierarchy (where the most important things are at the top), balance (so it's not 100% images, or 100% text, but a decent mix), and Emphasis (changing the text size of important things and changing the colour to make it stand out)....

Also, use div's, not tables. Tables will be deprecated for web development soon tbf. Most people will use Div's to layout a website. Try get to use divs as well as CSS :)

designdelete56

Reaction score
Ok, so the design is poor, but to this web site i will give a 10/10, becouse HTML & CSS are my first love. ^__^
There is nothing in the PC World that I love more than HTML & CSS.
About the colors they are right, it's very boring, use some bg patterns or something.
Belive me or not, I still do websites in HTML, just for fun. :p
About the div vs table, I agree with markforbes130113. I know that it is faster to do in tables, I know, but it is more professional to make it with divs.
And how much I saw, you post new things every day, so I think that it was better to use Joomla. It is yours to choose, but I'm just saying. :)