The Ultimate Showdown

fractalfeline

Reaction score
Alrighty. So assume we had a universe in which all the different sci-fi powers could get thrown into to duke it out as they see fit. Who would team up with who? Who would win? How would it go down?

Representing:
The Stargate Series
The Orici (Adria), The Ancients, The Goa'uld, The Replicators, The Wraith

Star Wars
The Jedi, The Empire

Dune
The Bene Gesserit, Leto II Atreides, Omnius

Babylon 5
The Vorlons, The Shadows, Psi-Corps, The Rogue Telepaths (and Lyta)

The Hyperion Cantos
The TechnoCore, Aenea, The Shrike, A. Bettik

If anyone else can think of other worthy contenders, feel free to add them too! Let the fireworks begin!

adamparkzer

On Extended Leave
Reaction score
I don't know enough about any of the characters mentioned in your post, but I think I should be included as a superpower. I could pwn all of those with my index and middle fingers tied together. :)

fractalfeline

Reaction score
Not even Star Wars?

So no interest in world domination then? Perhaps you're just biding your time and subtley guiding humanity without taking power yourself?

ichwar

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Same. The only one I have any substantial knowledge of is Star Wars. So I can't really make an educated decision. :)

fractalfeline

Reaction score
Then make your decisions based on Star Wars? Who ultimately wins, the Jedi, or the Empire, all things considered, taking the course of history. Good vs. Evil, who has the advantage, is the Good side really stronger than the Evil side? Does the Evil side have an advantage because they can use their powers without feeling like they have moral limits? Does the universe as a whole punish them for using their powers in a forbidden way? Would the Jedi attract superior numbers to the Empire? Or would greed and moral corruption and fear of retribution make people join the Empire instead?

And do you know any other Sci-Fi systems you can draw contenders from? :)

ichwar

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
I know startrek too. ;)

But captain kirk wouldn't stand a chance against the jedi. :p

Anyways, I think that if starwars really happened, the Empire would quickly dominate the universe. That's my opinion.