TheFakeVirus.com - Computer-pranks and fake viruses!

playminigames

Reaction score
this might sound really harsh, but you learn from mistakes, and you made a lot on this website. First of all you have almost no color scheme, it is just random colors that make everybody's eyes hurt. Also the logos I'm guessing were made in Windows Paint? You should try out Gimp, or Paint.Net, they are both free alternatives, and much better quality. Is there a reason for the dog background, because if it is a fake virus website, then a dog has absolutely nothing to do with it. Hope you can take constructive criticism, and improve your site!

doesntexist74

Reaction score
I agree with him. The site is a great idea BUT its got way too many things going on. Choose a colour scheme and stick to it... Maybe black & red. For some reason when i think of a virus i think Black & Red...
Just an opinion.

gaptrast

Reaction score
Thank you very much for your feedback. I knew I had a lot to do with this site.

I will change color theme and thank you "playminigames" for Paint.net and Gimp.

The site will be improve... (Im just 13 though"

---------- Post added at 06:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:34 PM ----------

I have changed the design and logo, but are not completely satisfied with the logo. Used GIMP, can someone help me with that?

I am sure there are still many improvments. Please continue to post !!

Thank you very much

http://thefakevirus.com/

Doan

Reaction score
Well, its okay, nothing great nothing amazing, but the color is not shaded and what not. Not pleasant to the eye, nothing is fillet or rounded. If it is your first time, its cool.

carl6969

Community Support Team
Community Support
Reaction score
Those ads, like the one that pops us full screen as somebody opens your site, are really annoying. Excellent way to drive visitors away from your site. There are many ways to put ads on a site so that they are not irritating and fit in well with your website. Your banner and background is much better than what you originally had there.

gaptrast

Reaction score
I have updated my ad codes. Here is the ad types on my site:

I included:
Code:
Banner & Text Link
                    Text banner, Graphic Banner and Contextual Link Ads on CPM and CPC metric.

Inline Text Link
                    Contextual Links Ads usually have better click ratio.   

Pop-under
                    high payout rate on CPV/CPM metric.
I din NOT apply to:
Code:
Inter-Ad (Interstitial Ad)
                    extremely high payout rate on pay per view basis.    

MsgAd                        floating ad, similar to instant messenger alert/dialog box.
Is this okay? Shall i include more adtypes who is or is not listed here ???

In adittion to this I have started to update the navigation (not finhished yet)

Will soon begin to totally revise and update the index page (the expandable stats)

Last edited:

gaptrast

Reaction score
Hello,

I have finhised updating my site. Now the navigation bar (to the left) and the index page have another look.

In adittion I have added a whos.amung.us button in the bottom ( is that smart or unsmart? Please tell me... )

I have removed the inline ads and some other ads too...

Tell me what you think about colors, logos, navigation bar, index page, info on site, design, borders, advertisments and other things!!!

gaptrast

Reaction score
Hello, can you please re-review my site?

I have changed some main things at the site:)

NOTE:THE ATTACHMENT IS A SCREENSHOTS OF MY SITE IN THE BEGINNING (do you see any difference?)

http://www.thefakevirus.com/

Attachments

• oldsite.bmp
    178.1 KB · Views: 22