Themes not working in wordpress

josh72

Reaction score
Alright, I've been having this issue for a while, so I've finally decided to post it on the forums. I've googled it and i couldn't find anything helpful. For some reason, my wordpress themes just aren't working. This has been ever since the recent changes, before then it worked fine. Now whenever I go to my site it just shows the content without any of the themes graphics or formatting. I know it's not that one theme thats not working, because I've tried changing it, with the same result. Anyone know whats going on?
Oh another thing, I read somewhere it might have something to do with .htaccess, if so, what exactly do I have to do with it?

descalzo

Grim Squeaker
Community Support
Reaction score
Looking at the source for your front page I see a lot of URLs like:

'http:///wordpress/wp-includes/images/smilies/icon_sad.gif'

which should be either

'/wordpress/wp-includes/images/smilies/icon_sad.gif'

OR

'http://reykelsblog.x10hosting.com/wordpress/wp-includes/images/smilies/icon_sad.gif'

Others seem ok.

No idea where the problem comes from, but that is why the images part of you theme is not working.

josh72

Reaction score
i really dont know, it was fine before the upgrades at x10hosting, then after that it just killed it

Qombat

Reaction score
Try reinstalling the theme, or install another one and test it.

josh72

Reaction score
ive tried that, it still doesnt work
the formatting is a little bit different but still no graphics or anything like that

josh72

Reaction score
Okay I've fixed it, I just deleted the entire wordpress folder, then reuploaded it and installed all the plugins again
For some weird reason though when I reinstalled the plugins they kept the same settings I'd had them on before I deleted them, buy hey, I'm not complaining, it's working fine now
Thanks for your help guys :)