"There is no website configured at this address"

Status
Not open for further replies.

nightwing00

Reaction score
I didn't meddle with anything! I don't know why it's not working, but it's really hurting the functionality of my site...if someone could please help me, thanks so much!

username: cswong
site: jpsmun.org

Edit

I can get onto cpanel, and in the file manager, all my files are there, but I just don't understand why, when I go to jpsmun.org, it says "There is no website configured at this address"

Last edited:

Fedlerner

Former Adm & Team Manager
Community Support
Reaction score
Do you have an index file?
Have you PARKED your domain or you "ADDON" ad domain?
Try to explain us more please...

nightwing00

Reaction score
I have an index file, and my domain's parked. It was working at 1:00 AM EST last night. I don't know why it's not working now.

nightwing00

Reaction score
actually, let me revise my problem.

my site, hosted by x10hosting, is http://nightwing00.exofire.net. It's down right now. If you go to the site, there's a cpanel message saying "There is no website configured at this address". I borrowed my friend's hosting temporarily, so that my users won't egg my house, and so now the jpsmun.org domain's pointing there.

So really, the problem's with the nightwing00.exofire.net website. If someone could help me, I would really appreciate it.

username: cswong

Chris Z

Reaction score
well that's wierd that you can still log in to cPanel and stuff, but my best guess is that your acccount is terminated, usually that is the page it shows when there is no site at the address, so maybe you had some warez on there or something, i'm not sure though

but i did just use the check.php page to check your username, and it says it's not suspended at this time hmm... :dunno:

nightwing00

Reaction score
I had no warez on there, my site abided by the ToS exactly. I enabled ad-free via x10cash.

Honestly no idea what's going on, but I really would like my site up asap. Thanks.

Chris Z

Reaction score
have you logged in every two weeks, is your forum account linked to your webhosting account?

nightwing00

Reaction score
Anyone know what's going on? I can see that there are files from both FTP and cpanel's file manager.

And the weird thing is that I can get to my subdomain (www.cjmunc.nightwing00.exofire.net) perfectly fine.

A strange problem! If someone could fix it, I would REALLY appreciate it...Users (and worse, my bosses) keep asking if I got hacked. :shifty:

Cynical

Reaction score
Nope, he doesn't.

I can't see how your primary subdomain would fail to work if one of the sub-subdomains works fine... clearly your account is in tact, so you need not worry about your files being lost...

The only solution that I am 99% confident in would be to terminate your account, then re-create it.

EDIT: I'm trying something real quick, I'll edit again when it has finished.

EDIT 2: Nothin...

Last edited:

Micro

Retired staff <i> (11-12-2008)</I>
Reaction score
Check the apache config (If you Can) -- basically it should look similar like this (but with more stuff in it):
<VirtualHost *:80>
ServerName www.jpsmun.org << Check this is here
ServerAlias jpsmun.org << Also check that jpsmun.org is here
DocumentRoot /home/cswong
</VirtualHost>

It may also be the other way round:

<VirtualHost *:80>
ServerName jpsmun.org << Check this is here
ServerAlias www.jpsmun.org << Also check that jpsmun.org is here
DocumentRoot /home/cswong
</VirtualHost>

Hope i could help :)

Micro

Retired staff <i> (11-12-2008)</I>
Reaction score
Aww crap, i see you've fixed it. Never mind :)

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
The HTTPD entry was missing. I re-added it, should be working now.

-Corey

nightwing00

Reaction score
Thanks a million, Corey!

Never let it be said that Corey wasn't the best admin ever or that x10hosting isn't the best hosting. :)

Tupac

Reaction score
I think I have the same problem.

username: flip

It's been down for 5 days. I'd really appreciate if someone could fix it.
Thanks.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.