There was an error retrieving your account's hosting type from the backend system

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeathByNukes

Reaction score
errorvm9.png

And so here I am. My website, dbn.exofire.net, is giving an "Address Not Found" error.

DeathByNukes

Reaction score
What? That doesn't even make sense. When was I phishing and on what URL?

Edit: Database get messed up again?

Last edited:

DeathByNukes

Reaction score
Sorry to bump, but seriously, I've done nothing wrong and my site's been down for around ten days now. (since whenever Corey started his big update)

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi,

There was a phishing located on your account. One of the most common causes for this is having an insecure\outdated script installed that allows people to upload files. Because of the nature of the complaint and our legal obligations we were required to immediately remove the site from our services.

-Corey

DeathByNukes

Reaction score
Phpbb2? Whatever, I'll disable all dynamic content, can I just have my site back now?

Also, I suspect the one who made the report was the same person who did the hack. There are some people who would like to see my site taken down.

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
The account was terminated so it was removed from the server.

The reports came from both Bank of America and Wachovia, they actually were reported it to our datacenter who then contacts us. Proof was provided with the reports and verified. There were phishing sites located on your account.

It is VERY important to know what scripts you install and to make sure you keep them updated when they release new security updates.

-Corey

DeathByNukes

Reaction score
So this means you're allowing me to register a new account?

Is there anything more you can tell me about the actual nature of the phishing?

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
Of course you can create a new account.

There were 2 phishing sites located on your account in sub folders. One was for Bank of America, one was for Wachovia. I would guess since you didn't put them there that a script had a security vulnerability and someone uploaded them there.

We are looking into ways we can help our users prevent this from happening, as it's not only bad for you, but bad for us :)

-Corey

DeathByNukes

Reaction score
Heh, thanks. I'll be more cautious from now on.
Edit:
I don't really mind not using my original address, but I'd just like to mention that your account deleter seems to be incomplete:

This email is being sent to notify you that the hosting account that you have signed up for has not been created, due to an error which occurred during the creation process.

The error that occurred was:
Whm error: sorry, a dns entry for dbn.exofire.net already exists, please delete it first (from all servers in the dns cluster) (code create_1)​

The error that occurred can most likely be resolved by signing up again for a hosting account here: http://x10hosting.com/hosting/signup

If you keep receiving this error, please post on our forums for support or forward this email to support@x10hosting.com.
Close this thread whenever you've read this if you want.

Last edited:

tnl2k7

Banned
Reaction score
I will get an administrator to manaually fix the DNS entry for that domain, if you want to use it in future.

-Luke.

Status
Not open for further replies.