These credentials do not match our records.

iceyfoxx

Reaction score
ok. i just logged in with a sftp client. and i was ganna try connecting with cli. i try logging in again with the client, low and behold it doesnt connect, no errors, wont connect. i try logging in again with the page login and i see the error above. did i get blocked AGAIN!!!?

im human, i make mistakes, i should be allowed to make mistakes.
this system is so finniky, even google allows mistakes with logins cmon this is ridiculous. this is really makeing me not want to use this as a host, this has been really good but this blocking from a few login mistakes is really getting on my nerves

Evan M

Community Leader
Community Support
Reaction score
I don't see any blocks currently with the info from you account. can you grab your public ipv4 IP from https://whatismyipaddress.com/ and private message me the results. I also think you may have gotten blocked for the SFTP client as that is not allowed on free hosting as that does use SSH.

iceyfoxx

Reaction score
I don't see any blocks currently with the info from you account. can you grab your public ipv4 IP from https://whatismyipaddress.com/ and private message me the results. I also think you may have gotten blocked for the SFTP client as that is not allowed on free hosting as that does use SSH.
its Sftp. how does it not use ssh?

also ive been using a sftp client this whole time and its worked just fine

Evan M

Community Leader
Community Support
Reaction score
With the Info you have provided I have found the block. It was for Failed SSH login, I went ahead and removed the block.

iceyfoxx

Reaction score
With the Info you have provided I have found the block. It was for Failed SSH login, I went ahead and removed the block.
ok somehow, i guess, reenetering the same password still gave me that error, i went ahead and reset my password and now am greeted with failed login again

spacresx

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
if im not mistaken x10 free accounts can not use sftp.
x10 free accounts need to use the regular ftp.
maybe staff can elaborate on that.

Evan M

Community Leader
Community Support
Reaction score
I don't see any blocks currently on your account, can you privately send me your IP again?

spacresx

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
i cannot make changes or edit settings,
but it looks like you keep hitting a temporary block for failed login credentials.
which is a 24 hour system block.
staff may need to review your post and make any changes..

iceyfoxx

Reaction score
i cannot make changes or edit settings,
but it looks like you keep hitting a temporary block for failed login credentials.
which is a 24 hour system block.
staff may need to review your post and make any changes..
guess ill wait. but sirsly? a 24 hour block for a few failed logins? this is ridiculous

Eric S

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
guess ill wait. but sirsly? a 24 hour block for a few failed logins? this is ridiculous
It was more than a few. It was over 13. This is a security measure to prevent anyone from being able to brute into any of our users accounnts.

iceyfoxx

Reaction score
It was more than a few. It was over 13. This is a security measure to prevent anyone from being able to brute into any of our users accounnts.
ok. well im good now, thanks for everyones help here

iceyfoxx

Reaction score
aaaaaannnnd now when i try opening the hosting control panel. its just loading. and i cant connect throught my client. ffs im trying to get stuff done here... yes i reconnected several times. but i did enter the password correctly this time

Eric S

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
aaaaaannnnd now when i try opening the hosting control panel. its just loading. and i cant connect throught my client. ffs im trying to get stuff done here... yes i reconnected several times. but i did enter the password correctly this time
You are blocked because you seem to be attempting to connect via SSH for some reason. SSH is not allowed on free hosting which includes any SFTP as previously stated. I unblocked your IP.

Last edited:

iceyfoxx

Reaction score
You are blocked because you seem to be attempting to connect via SSH for some reason. SSH is not allowed on free hosting which includes ant SFTP as previously stated. I unblocked your IP.
yeah sorry, i entered the wrong port :p