These people were board....

3dhomejoe

Reaction score
So what can you do in a high school, cad/cam (autocad) computer lab with a failing grade (most likely) and time on your hands?

Take funny images of yourself (on a public system) and not know that they are saved to the system for all users to view. Then have a person like me a computer geek to find them and then take them to post for you guys to see...

Please leave your comments, I would love to read your views.

Attachments

• Picture 004..jpg
    Picture 004..jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 36
  • Picture 003..jpg
    Picture 003..jpg
    37.1 KB · Views: 34
  • Picture 002..jpg
    Picture 002..jpg
    32.4 KB · Views: 31
  • Picture 005..jpg
    Picture 005..jpg
    21.5 KB · Views: 34
  • Picture 001..jpg
    Picture 001..jpg
    34.5 KB · Views: 35

cheezo

Reaction score
i'd probably download a cad video tutorial in CBT nuggets or lynda.com :D

carl6969

Community Support Team
Community Support
Reaction score
Myself and one of my friends got into some trouble during my first high school computer lab some thirty years ago when we figured out to get an IBM 360 to print out an R rated version of the Mona Lisa on a dot matrix printer. We were alone in the lab when we started the process but something stalled during processing and the picture did not print out until the next morning when the instructor found it and traced it back to me and my friend with the user names we entered when we started the program running.

lemon-tree

x10 Minion
Community Support
Reaction score
You know, you really shouldn't be posting those images without the people's consent. I wouldn't say it was illegal, but it certainly doesn't sit right with me; just because the pictures are there does not mean you have the permission to use them as you please.
Also, you shouldn't make assumptions that they are failing, you can't tell anything like that from a picture.

callumacrae

not alex mac
Community Support
Reaction score
You know, you really shouldn't be posting those images without the people's consent. I wouldn't say it was illegal, but it certainly doesn't sit right with me; just because the pictures are there does not mean you have the permission to use them as you please.
Also, you shouldn't make assumptions that they are failing, you can't tell anything like that from a picture.

+1

YEY IMACS :D

~Callum

3dhomejoe

Reaction score

I should have also noted that there is a sign in the room that says...

These are public computers, content that is not saved in your documents my be reachable to other users. It's your responsibility to remove unwanted content that you don't want others to see.
I don't see any reason that I can't post them because the users were notified that others could get to them if they are not stored in their documents.

Edit: I also think its in the student hand book also that content on the computers could be reached by other users if not saved in the right locations. (I forgot at how its worded in the hand book but its something like that)

Last edited:

lemon-tree

x10 Minion
Community Support
Reaction score
Still doesn't give you permission to upload them. Just don't be a hypocrite if someone starts posting pictures of you to strangers like you did to them.

mattblog

Reaction score
LOL, this is hilarious. Id like to go to the mac store and see whats been saved there.

stardom

Reaction score
When I worked for Apple. We would have to work on almost a different iMac a day. I used to get bored and look at the pictures other employees took while being bored lol