Thief steals stolen Porsche

n4tec

Reaction score
KUALA LUMPUR (AFP) - In what could have been a scene from car heist movie Gone In 60 Seconds, a brazen Malaysian Porsche thief has struck again.

After crashing the car worth more than 280,000 dollars out of an auto showroom, then abandoning it when fuel ran out, the thief returned with a can of petrol and stole it again -- this time from the police, reports said on Wednesday.

Police in northern Penang state found the Porsche 911 Targa 4 on Monday shortly after a well-dressed thief walked into the showroom with a chequebook, asked to test the engine, and then crashed the car through the showroom's glass doors, newspapers reported.

Officers found the high-performance car abandoned 1.5 kilometres (one mile) away after it reportedly ran out of fuel.

Police took the car back to their compound but, later Monday, somebody cut the perimeter fence, snuck in, and re-fuelled the car, the New Straits Times reported.

Full Article

----------

what a story... certainly the crime story of the year. :cool:

eagleeyed

Reaction score
That is classic, thanks for posting that. :) You would think a Police Compound would be more secure than that.

Zenax

Reaction score
some people will go to any lengths to steal a car, even if it is from a police compund .... but eagleeyed is right, you think that a police compund would be more secure.

azntechguy

Reaction score
Lesson to be learned: When stealing from an expensive car dealership, bring a bottle of gas :)

Micro

Retired staff <i> (11-12-2008)</I>
Reaction score
Yeah, you try driving a car through a foot thick reinforced concrete wall (Our police compounds are usually that). Would never happen here.

reichiru

Reaction score
That's nuts, really. Entertaining though, thanks for posting it up. Now I'll just go and try to vent all the laughter out of my system.

Zenax

Reaction score
some are just wired fences thougha aren't they...

poringy

Reaction score
I'm wondering how he turned on the car in the first place. Did the dealer give him a key? If so, why? If it was in a showroom, it probably wasn't even meant for test driving in the first place. I doubt he hot wired it because he wouldn't have enough time to do so.

But anyway, this is by far one of the most fantastical news stories I've ever read. I wonder if we'll ever hear of him again.

zero5854

Reaction score
WOW that is crazy for real! I guess if I ever need a new car ill hit up the police impound...LOL.

Micro

Retired staff <i> (11-12-2008)</I>
Reaction score
Porsches have a button to start em dont ey?