Thiefs

kouhi

Reaction score
A site exdee.org has stolen part of a template from Anitaria.com who previously hosted the site. I have reported this here twice requesting for the site to be suspended untill the webmaster replaces the stolen files with origional phpbb equivalent.

It seems that the Administrators here do not care about copyright theft, the file even holds copyright detail stating it was made by Anitaria.

Site which stole templae: www.exdee.org ( hosted by x10 )
Site which made the tempale: www.anitaria.com
Site which the template was made for www.tornfaun.net

Please sort this out ASAP

Slothie

Reaction score
He still has a link stating it was made by anitaria.

If he was to rip the template, I don't see why he'd leave not just one but two links back to the site.

Of course I could be wrong but if the owner/designer of the template were both to say something about it, then we might be able to do something about it. Having a third party complain isn't very persuasive, to say the least.

Russ

<b>Retired *****</b>
Reaction score
Yeah, I mean I guess anyone who uses any pre-made php scripts are thieves. Infact, this forum was pre-made.. Now you're contributing to it. ;) It's not stealing copyright infringement if the person leaves the links in place.

QuwenQ

Reaction score
Well, it could be infringement, ever heard of splogs? They link back but that doesn't mean it's right. Still, we can't do anything unless the original owner complains.

EDIT: I am going to contact the person with the site hosted by x10 and try and confirm he has permission to use it so this doesn't start into something.

Last edited:

GamingX

Executive Team
Reaction score
If the person who created the template has not copyrighted the template then there is nothing that we can do nor he can do. It is simple, if the person who has created the template can show his patent or whatever he has that shows that he has sole rights over the template, then we can take some kind of action.

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
Nothing was done with your E-mails because you are not doing it in the proper way, we either need a legal document or a DMCA take down notice. We can not just go around suspending every site we get an Email about saying it's copyright infringement. We get quite a few fake ones of people just trying to get other's sites taken down.

So, we will not take action without the proper documentation and proof to backup claims.