Third Party Scripts

Lindsey

Reaction score
I noticed that the script of Mambo Open Source is available to have installed. I sent an email (I think it was an email) to the webmaster, but thought that I might also post it here for members that do not realize.

Mira and the core developers of Mambo have branched off from each other. The Core members have created a new forge, forums, and site and released the first version of THEIR open source cms named Joomla! 1.0.0. This is the stable version of Mira's 4.5.3 which is in beta mode on Mamboforge because the core members stopped working on it and moved to joomla.

If anyone is interested in the Joomla! info, here's the links.
http://www.joomla.org

the forge is up today as well. You can still receive Mambo support on these forums if you need it. I'm waiting for my upgrade request for x10Corporate before I can install it, but it seems to be much better, so I thought that this could also be included in the scripts library in the control panel for x10 users.

Akkarin

Reaction score
Corey doesnt decide what goes into the Fantastico. Its the people who create fantastico. So if someone wanted Joomla they would have to install it themselves.

Lindsey

Reaction score
Akkarin said:
Corey doesnt decide what goes into the Fantastico. Its the people who create fantastico. So if someone wanted Joomla they would have to install it themselves.

oh, that's fantastico? I didn't know, I just thought it was a remository of different scripts that he had chosen... thanks for clearing that up! :D

SadistBlue

Reaction score
You know you don't have to use fantastico. I'm using in my opinion something a lot better than anything fantastico has to offer (ocPanel) and installed it manually the way normal people install scripts, lol. I'm sure you can install it yourself without the need of a newbie interface.

Lindsey

Reaction score
SadistBlue said:
You know you don't have to use fantastico. I'm using in my opinion something a lot better than anything fantastico has to offer (ocPanel) and installed it manually the way normal people install scripts, lol. I'm sure you can install it yourself without the need of a newbie interface.

well, you and I may be able to manually install everything, but there are some people that aren't quite... shall I say, computer literate enough to manage it. I believe that's why fantastico is so popular. They don't really have to do very much except say that they want it, I guess, I've never used fantastico myself. I feel better doing my own install as it gives me more control. Then again, I'm the type of person that I could kill a hard boiled egg, if you know what I mean :D anyway, I was just trying to let peeps know, though I know that Corey has nothing to do with fantastico's choice of scripts.... at least now I do :D