This is getting sickening..

Status
Not open for further replies.

DecemberGuild

Reaction score
I've been with x10Hosting for a few days now, and, as far as I can tell, I've had more downtime than uptime.
My site is down yet again! I'm trying to run my guild's forum on it, and the fact that it's down 60+% of the time is just simply unacceptable.
I don't care if it is a free host. This downtime is just too much.

I'd like it fixed, and I'd like it to stay fixed. There are plenty of other hosts out there, and I just simply settled here because it was convenient, but I won't hesitate to switch. After all, it seems like I'm getting no service here anyway.

Brandon

Former Senior Account Rep
Community Support
Reaction score
Its not all of the admins fault, its the people running th scripts or spammers that cause the problem. One thing corey hates is people complaining about his FREE service. There are 2 alternnatives

1. Buy Paid Hosting
2. Leave

swirly

Reaction score
u said it yourself, youve been here for a few days. and if your going to complain, im sorry but its not wanted; otherwise you can wait it with the rest of us. and dont blame the admins.

Lucky75

Reaction score
Just a question, but is there a reason for the downtime? Spammers? Why not ban the people running malicious scripts on their web pages? Is this a temp/recent problem only?

Cheers :)

jaygreentree

Reaction score
I can say this from experience There is no host that has perfect uptime its just not possible if its free or paid so either way there is still a chance the server is going to go down sometime and with free hosting you can bet your life that people are going to abuse your services no matter how great they are.

xtone

Reaction score
i believe dat ^^^ but...... admin can try to keep us up to date when its going to be fixed its been 2 days free server is going up down many times a day so if admin can actually tell us the problem and tell us when its going to be fixed so i think peeps would not make threads asking about free server down time.

Cynical

Reaction score
Lucky75 said:
Just a question, but is there a reason for the downtime? Spammers? Why not ban the people running malicious scripts on their web pages? Is this a temp/recent problem only?

Cheers :)
Of course we ban the people running malicious scripts, but in order for us to catch them, they have to run the script first (unless, of course, they are stupid enough to make it accessible to the public, in which case an account manager would be able to first find the script).

Brandon

Community Support
Reaction score
xtone said:
i believe dat ^^^ but...... admin can try to keep us up to date when its going to be fixed its been 2 days free server is going up down many times a day so if admin can actually tell us the problem and tell us when its going to be fixed so i think peeps would not make threads asking about free server down time.

Well corey thinks its the automatted signups i think and he has diabled them for now to keep the server load down. Also this has been a prob but the x10 staff has been keeping a good job of keeping it under control.

xtone

Reaction score
yes i agree dat too but i havent seen corey quite a while ... i think its admins job to keep the members up to date how much true staff and senior members can tell us !

Starshine

Legend Killer
Reaction score
DecemberGuild said:
I've been with x10Hosting for a few days now, and, as far as I can tell, I've had more downtime than uptime.
My site is down yet again! I'm trying to run my guild's forum on it, and the fact that it's down 60+% of the time is just simply unacceptable.

I'd like it fixed, and I'd like it to stay fixed. There are plenty of other hosts out there, and I just simply settled here because it was convenient, but I won't hesitate to switch. After all, it seems like I'm getting no service here anyway.

Hmm ... a few days? So, you probably haven't taken the time to read up on some older forum messages that would easily explain why the servers are having issues.

A. Server Move
B. Data Centre Issues ( Gee, how can the admins fix that? Not an issue they can't foresee or fix until they hear about it )
C. Users violating the TOS, which causes server to slow, crash, lockup. ( Again, the staff isn't on 24/7 ... its hard to catch them unless they run it - as it was stated - and if they run it and things crash ... well hell )

And if you have spent time on the forum, you would of heard / read that Corey thanks you for your business and choosing x10 ... but if you don't want to be here - he certainly isn't going to force you to stay. You said there are other hosts ... go compare. Come back when you find that we're better.

Brandon

Community Support
Reaction score
StarShine said:
And if you have spent time on the forum, you would of heard / read that Corey thanks you for your business and choosing x10 ... but if you don't want to be here - he certainly isn't going to force you to stay. You said there are other hosts ... go compare. Come back when you find that we're better.

Ahh yes, i rember those days during the server moves / constant lockups...i was talking to corey on aim and he said that he dosnt care if MEMBERS leave because they are not the ones paying for the expensive servers out of pocket. The ads dony make the $500+ dollars a month the server costs..so you nor me should be complainging.

The person authorized to complain is corey for paying too much.

Colin

Reaction score
If people continue to complain be prepared to be warned/and or banned. We provide free hosting for you, you don't like it leave. People abuse our free services, we do what we can to stop the abuse. If you want to get hosting with services that don't get abused pay for it.

Last edited:

Zenax

Reaction score
DecemberGuild said:

Go on then Switch! This hosting company has been around a fair while, and to be honest with you I have seen nothing but professional, perfect web hosting from them!

I have been with x10hosting for over a year now and to be honest with you, their uptime has been brilliant. It is only in the pas few weeks that they have had some trouble with the server, but they are doing their upmost best to get it sorted! They always keep us up to date with what is going off, with the server etc!

If you give it a few more days you will get excellent service. Second of all if you bothered to read the server alerts and the news and announcements section, it might just tell you why you haven't been able to access the server!

Regards,
Zenax

Cynical

Reaction score
Mmmk this topic is getting a little out of hand, I think he gets where we are coming from ;).

Status
Not open for further replies.