This is so iritiating!

Status
Not open for further replies.

liammk

Reaction score
My website is currently plaged with errors! When i go to my cpanal i get this:

absolut.x10hosting.com:2083 uses an invalid security certificate.

The certificate is not trusted because it is self signed.
The certificate is only valid for <a id="cert_domain_link" title="image.singlehop.com">image.singlehop.com</a>.

(Error code: sec_error_untrusted_issuer)

I know that x10 is moving datacenters but surly the move could be done in a way which wouldn't effect anything! For example couldn't x10 have copied everything to the new dc then once everything had been copied switch all the domains over to the new server? This would create minimum irritation to members!

xav0989

Community Public Relation
Community Support
Reaction score
My website is currently plaged with errors! When i go to my cpanal i get this:

absolut.x10hosting.com:2083 uses an invalid security certificate.

The certificate is not trusted because it is self signed.
The certificate is only valid for <a id="cert_domain_link" title="image.singlehop.com">image.singlehop.com</a>.

(Error code: sec_error_untrusted_issuer)

I know that x10 is moving datacenters but surly the move could be done in a way which wouldn't effect anything! For example couldn't x10 have copied everything to the new dc then once everything had been copied switch all the domains over to the new server? This would create minimum irritation to members!

Use the regular http interface for cPanel until the move is completed. As for the way to move the servers, it's exactly what is being done. Each account is packaged, sent to the new DC, where it is unpackaged and added. The DNS and other information are updated soon after. It takes a lot of time because there are over 50k accounts on the free servers, and you can only go that fast.

lemon-tree

x10 Minion
Community Support
Reaction score
Use port 2082 instead of 2083

There are a multitude of reasons why. Mainly, if your files are copied to the new server and then you modify one of the files on the old server, the change will be lost when you switch to the new server.

Status
Not open for further replies.