Thoughts on my first website....

stevejer

Reaction score
I'd like some feedback from all the seasoned design veterans out there on my first attempts. The current format has sort of evolved as I've played around with CSS styling, colours and inspiration from elsewhere. All comments welcome, cheers, Steve J.

http://ukflyfishing.exofire.net

Jarryd

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
For your first website, that is a VERY nice website, i love the design of it, it's quite original and i love the coloring. Keep up the good work!

easykey

Reaction score
The design is really good which is the most important thing - coding is easier to learn than design! Doesn't look right in IE though, which is not unusual...

Have you used Dreamweaver or something. Try doing it in raw html/css, it will be worth it in the end.

iholla

Reaction score
4/5 points to you!

Pretty professional work. I like the basic look of your template. What i noticed though is that you use alot of images and when these are disabled in the browser options, then the user has no way of navigating your site.

Try and add image descriptions in accordance to your menus so that your site can be fully browasable and understandable even without the images. Otherwise, nice look and color combinations.

Keep it up!

if my post was useful, add it to my reputation, thanks

sunils

Reaction score
Good design. I will give a 4/5 for it. Nice idea about the menus. Only a small mistake was there. There is a white border on the top and lefthand side. why?

Zdroyd

Reaction score
For me (At school) I am having problems with the site. All the Menu bottons are way to the right of the screen, and the text boxes are randomly placed. It must be these cheap computers. Damn School.

But nice site, for a first site it is perty good!

Otaku Ichise

Reaction score
Very well done, i envy you for knowing php, the only thing left to do maybe is give margin top, left value=0 to tag body.

Sohail

Reaction score
It's quite good, i would give you 7/10. I think you should make some rollover buttons and place the whole site into the center which can easilly be done with CSS :).

I have to say your colour scheme is nice though ;)

There are a few minor glitches that need to be fixed to but on the whole it's a nice site...

Daniel S

Reaction score
For your first website i would give it 9/10 as the design is good and easy to read.

n1ceCr

Reaction score
nice to view in firefox but for the internet explorer you have to built in a new style because the ie isn't always W3C conformable.
Besides for the first site it looks pretty good.