Time Zone major issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikesla115595

Reaction score
Hi.

I have to say that I am getting annoyed with this now. I have been working on this for the last 4 hours.

Why weren't we warned that this could happen when you decided too switch time zones?

I have tried what I thought is to be the proper time zone (CT). That hasn't worked, I have tried what use to work my time zone, and that didn't work. Then I tried the +01:00 time zone (I was told about) which by the way for joomla is Amsterdam time, and then I saw my front-page article loaded as it should, but all of my other numbers were off, including kunena's. I then switched back to CT time to see if that reset the numbers or somehow would clear up this problem, but again the front-page doesn't loadup I tried Amsterdam time again, and now it no longer shows the front-page artical even though it did when I tried it the first time. AAArrrrghhh... I'm a pretty patient man, and I have to say I'm coming very close to pulling the one hair I have left out of my head over this.

What the heck is going on here? How could your server cause this much trouble?

Please, can someone figure this out? This just should not be happening...

Oh well....

Cheers Everyone, and take care.

mikesla115595

Reaction score
Timezone offset should +1 hr from central to get right in eastern.
------
Eastern(GMT-5) - Central(GMT-6) = +1 hr (Difference between CDT and EDT/Moving towards East)
------
GMT+1 and above case are totally different.

Please read:

http://x10hosting.com/forums/free-hosting/153841-time-straka.html

http://x10hosting.com/forums/free-hosting/153904-wrong-server-time.html

Hi MaestroFX1.

Well, I did set the timezone correct for my area, and nothing is happening, so I decided to use try every time zone which is listed in joomla. All of the time zones do not work so I guess there is not point in asking for help on this.

Now I did read the links you have posted, and it does mention that once all the bugs have been worked out that the staff will be correcting the timezones, or something to that affect. I'll wait. It's 5:30 am my time, and I have to go to bed.

I'm going to hold off pulling on the last hair I have on my head. I use that for my comb over...:)

Cheers, and thanks again for the help MaestroFX1.

---------- Post added at 08:54 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:35 AM ----------

Hi MaestroFX1.

Well, I did set the timezone correct for my area, and nothing is happening, so I decided to use try every time zone which is listed in joomla. All of the time zones do not work so I guess there is not point in asking for help on this.

Now I did read the links you have posted, and it does mention that once all the bugs have been worked out that the staff will be correcting the timezones, or something to that affect. I'll wait. It's 5:30 am my time, and I have to go to bed.

I'm going to hold off pulling on the last hair I have on my head. I use that for my comb over...:)

Cheers, and thanks again for the help MaestroFX1.

Update:

It's now fixed. I forgot that I left the small edited line in the index.php which you gave me earlier. I removed it, and it seems to be working now. I'm not sure if that dd it, or someone else in behind the scenes went in, and fixed it, but thank goodness it's working now.

Thanks again MaestroFX1 for the help. :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.