Timeout issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.

aukcii27

Reaction score
/ works fine, actually /UPLOADS works fine, I can't navigate to / on the browser. /UPLOADS shows me the folder contents perfectly on the browser, / times out.

Wondering if it's a SQL issue? I'm on Chopin.

phpmyadmin through cPanel works fine though, I can manage mySQL databases through cPanel too, did a ipconfig /flushdns and cleared browser cache just in case, no difference.

Ohh great, now it works in firefox and times out in chrome, no issues in Ubuntu though, just some lame glitch in XP I take it.

Anybody have any thoughts?

---------- Post added at 01:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:23 PM ----------

GAH, how pathetic, I have figured it out.

Something is up with .co.cc redirects, maybe the server is down or some other issues.

Gives me the correct header as set up on the account but fails to redirect to x10 all together.

Last edited:

lemon-tree

x10 Minion
Community Support
Reaction score
You can setup the .co.cc domain in your account so that it points direct to the x10 servers, rather than having to rely on passing through the .co.cc servers first.
There are a few ways of doing this depending on how you want the domain to be setup, although a 'parked' domain is probably best in this case as it will maintain your .x10.mx domain too. To set it up, first go to .co.cc and change from their redirect service to use the x10 DNS servers, these are 'ns1.x10hosting.com' and ns2.x10hosting.com'. Next, login to cPanel and navigate to the 'Parked domains' section and enter the required details in the form there. If it is all done correctly, the domain will now be pointing direct to your site; although please note that it can take up to 48 - 72 hours for the the DNS records to fully propagate so you may see a few site errors during that time.

aukcii27

Reaction score
Yes, makes perfect sense, thanks for the great reply, will do that asap and close the tread up when it's done!

Thanks kindly.

aukcii27

Reaction score
I've changed the dns records and after 7 days still no go.
I don't know what the underlying issue is, if any.

techairlines

x10 Flyer
Community Support
Reaction score
Last edited:

aukcii27

Reaction score
Great news.

Thanks for forwarding me to that tut.

Pending change now :)

Thank you.

Status