Timing out due to PHP

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThePBgod

Reaction score
I'm having issues installing components in Joomla due to timing out.

"Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 30 seconds exceeded"

I was wondering if someone can point me to where my php.ini file is located(I'm thinking it isnt accessible). If it not able to be edited my me, could one of you here increase my exicution time from 30 to 60 and see if that corrects my timing out issues?

Brandon

Former Senior Account Rep
Community Support
Reaction score
Is this on your main domain?

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
How long have you been on intermediate PHP? The timeout is more then 30 seconds on it.

ThePBgod

Reaction score
Only a day.

Does it take longer than this to fully implement? Would starting from scratch help anything, since i would be fresh installing(DB's included), possibly get me over this hurdle?

I've read that trying to install modules from the tmp folder can help the time needed to install, as it installs from the tmp, but have had no such luck.

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
Do you know the location of the script that is running and timing out?

ThePBgod

Reaction score
The timing out seems to happen during the unzipping process. As the error is generated during execution of the zip.php file within Joomla! during a component install.

I have since, gotten around this issue, by installing from directory, and bypassing the need for unzipping. How long this will work, I don't know.

If you said the intermediate PHP has a longer execution time. Joomla! may have a setting somewhere that overides the default php.ini file. I will look into that when I have the spare time.

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
Okay, I will go ahead and close this then. You can re-open it if you need further assistance from us.

-Corey

Status
Not open for further replies.