Tips on making game site more attractive

Tarzan

Reaction score
I've currently redesigned my game site for my browser-based game Metropolis.
www.metropolisonline.org

I want ideas on how to make the game more attractive. Too little, or too much information on the start page? Should there be a javascript slide show, or is it nice to have a page without movable javascriptdependent things? Is it easy enough to sign up?

Any feedback is appreciated. And you are of course welcome to sign up and try the game and give me even more feedback on in game details :)

vv.bbcc19

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Game sites will have a very very game-y look.
This one is too decent to be a gamesite.
Need flash/image sliders with catchy captions and twinkling colors..atleast one such module anywhere on the top half would do
also..the left login module can be put on top menu itself..see jquery menus for more information.

Tarzan

Reaction score
I know, that's what I'm struggling with. I'm not really a fan of flashy twinkling pages, but I guess that's what I have to aim for. :)
I've made the front page a little more game-y, but I know I have a long way to go... Thanks for the ideas!

Tarzan

Reaction score
I suggest to start by adding a lot of images/screencaptures etc.

I think that's the way I'll be going since I got that advice from a lot of people. Are fancy images better than actual screencaptures from the game? Or the other way around?

Jennacide

Reaction score
My advice is to go out and look at other game sites. Get ideas from them but don't steal em naturally ;P There's nothing wrong with gaining inspiration from other sites and sides, it's kinda fun too hehe.

Last edited:

vv.bbcc19

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
I know, that's what I'm struggling with. I'm not really a fan of flashy twinkling pages, but I guess that's what I have to aim for. :)
I've made the front page a little more game-y, but I know I have a long way to go... Thanks for the ideas!

Yeah..
its a bit game site like but I think if you add a video/flash demo on the top half..
thats it..could make it a bit flashy.
Anyways that game is a strategy game so need no super flashy stuff.
You are right

Tarzan

Reaction score
ur game is very good looking. i almost want to play it, it looks fun

"Almost"? :) What is missing? Is there anything that could make it more interesting to you?

Thanks again everyone for the feedback! I will continue to work on it.

Tarzan

Reaction score
My advice is to go out and look at other game sites. Get ideas from them but don't steal em naturally ;P There's nothing wrong with gaining inspiration from other sites and sides, it's kinda fun too hehe.

I have actually been looking around a bit at game sites. The problem is that they are kind of different too. Some have a lot of fancy graphics and quirky looking pages (which I won't be able to do until I find a really good graphics designer) and some have a pretty straight forward approach. The trick is to know what attracts the right audience...

contland

Reaction score
I'd disagree with the flashing and twinking colors stuff. The game is not targeted at the people twinkling sparkles would attract. It is a more mature type of game, so your current design looks about ok. Maybe more teasers about the game's features on the homepage. :)

krunalp4199391

Reaction score
Add some cartoonist contents...............

some grafics....................

also animations...........

:):):):)A:):):):):)

Tarzan

Reaction score
contland: Thanks! That was a little bit what I was thinking too, Any good ideas on how to add teasers? Maybe a slideshow on the first page with description of the in-game pages? The game overview is probably not enough then?

krunalp4199391:
The cartoon idea seem to be on and off... some think I should add more, some less. I guess I have to set for something in between. :)

gouri78

Reaction score
good games and nice game theme
very attractive site for kidz playing games online
nice flashy things... ;)

jfrancis79

Prime Account
Reaction score
Like that you have screen shots, but you also should have a tour, or high light some of the features, like no advertisements, or something.