/tmp on lotus

Status
Not open for further replies.

kote007

Reaction score
Hi,

my web site on lotus use sessions, and I cannot log in, this is the error log:

[08-Apr-2010 18:00:03] PHP Warning: Unknown: write failed: No space left on device (28) in Unknown on line 0
[08-Apr-2010 18:00:03] PHP Warning: Unknown: Failed to write session data (files). Please verify that the current setting of session.save_path is correct (/tmp) in Unknown on line 0

Could /tmp be almost full on lotus?

Thanks,

edu2004eu

Reaction score
Am having the exact same problem, on the same server. Any help?

lemon-tree

x10 Minion
Community Support
Reaction score
If you are using php, you can at least hide these errors by using:
error_reporting(0); or error_reporting(E_ERROR)
However, that will also hide all other errors. Until this is fixed though, this solution could hide the issue from your users.

edu2004eu

Reaction score
LOL there's no use hiding the errors if the users can't - let's say - login to the site, right? (I personally use sessions for the login)

lemon-tree

x10 Minion
Community Support
Reaction score
Ah, I see. Curiously, I use sessions for my logins and it still seems to be working fine, despite the warnings. Probably just a difference in implementation.

edu2004eu

Reaction score
That certainly is weird (are you on the same server?). You're probably right, the difference should be in the implementation.

Once again I'm 'upp-ing' this post, in hope that some admins help us. Thank you.

monkey050

Reaction score
This is the server status at 3:06PM EDT. I'm on Lotus as well.
serverstatus..JPG
Looks full to me...

Last edited:

Livewire

Abuse Compliance Officer
Staff member
Reaction score
Notified admins, they're working on a rebuild of the tmp partition to fix the problem.

It sounded like to me that it's not supposed to be as small as it is (it sounds like it was at 500mb or so), which would quite quickly cause the problem on a free hosting service; not so much if it was just one site. But a few thousand? Yeah, ain't big enough. :p

Livewire

Abuse Compliance Officer
Staff member
Reaction score
Doublepost for update, Lotus mysql is down for the mysql move (check news/announcements) back to the remote server since that had to come down anyways to get the tmp partition resized, but the tmp issue should be fixed - it's 4x bigger :)

Status
Not open for further replies.