[To Corey!] Ad free hosting with MySQL Support

Status
Not open for further replies.

theblazingangel

Prime Account
Reaction score
@Corey, whatever happened to MySQL support in v3?

quoting from your post that the temporary page on the x10 website linked to:

x10 v3 is underway. Everything we have learned over the past 2 years will be reflected in the upcoming changes. Mistakes, bad decisions, good decisions, and of course our member's feedback will all contribute to making x10 v3 the best hosting with the most features on the internet.

*Some* upcoming changes:

* Ad free hosting with PHP\MySQL Support

i took that to mean we'd be able to use MySQL on the ad-free free hosting package, but my cpanel says 'SQL databases 0/0' :(

Micro

Retired staff <i> (11-12-2008)</I>
Reaction score
Ad-Free hosting... Not Ad-Enhanced.

Ad-Free is on a separate server (To keep the load down), so you will need to signup for Ad-Free on the x10 main page when they've installed cPanel on that server.

Bryon

I Fix Things
Reaction score
We did have ad-free hosting with MySQL support.. ?

We're in the process of switching to a different system to manage accounts on the server right now; Corey posted about it yesterday in the news forum. The new system will have MySQL, just like the old one did. As of right now things may appear to be messed up.

We should have it done sometime this evening.

theblazingangel

Prime Account
Reaction score
Ad-Free hosting... Not Ad-Enhanced.

Ad-Free is on a separate server (To keep the load down), so you will need to signup for Ad-Free on the x10 main page when they've installed cPanel on that server.
if you mean the paid accounts and you think Corey meant the paid accounts, don't they already have MySQL support and if so why would Corey list it as an 'change'...

because of that i took it to mean the basic free hosting accounts (the ones without ads), i thought it must be too good to be true, oh well :)

Last edited:

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
ad free are not paid accounts, that are free, without ads...

-Corey

Micro

Retired staff <i> (11-12-2008)</I>
Reaction score
Yes you are, but on the NEW server not "Static" package on the current free server.

Status
Not open for further replies.