Too Many Connections? - What On Earth Is Happening With Starka?

Status
Not open for further replies.

biosmods

Reaction score
Hi Everyone

Trying to access my site , which worked fine 5 minutes ago now gives me :-

SQL Error:1040 - Too many connectionsQuery:[READ] Unable to connect to MySQL server
Its also been on and off quite freuqently. I knnow you were recompiling apache on starka but Corey posted that the problem has now been resolved but i am still experiencing issues!

Some heads up would be much appreciated!

kind Regards
Biosmods

ogp2009

Reaction score
I'm with problems too, but mine is different
Code:
[B]Sorry for the inconvenience![/B]

[B]The filesystem mounted at / on this server is running out of disk space.     cPanel operations have been temporarily suspended to prevent something bad from happening.     Please ask your system admin to remove any files not in use on that partition.[/B]

biosmods

Reaction score
at least you get an in depth response hahaha lol :p

Im sure Corey and the fantstic mod team will sort this out soon!

Biosmods

adamparkzer

On Extended Leave
Reaction score
Hi Everyone

Trying to access my site , which worked fine 5 minutes ago now gives me :-

SQL Error:1040 - Too many connectionsQuery:[READ] Unable to connect to MySQL server
Its also been on and off quite freuqently. I knnow you were recompiling apache on starka but Corey posted that the problem has now been resolved but i am still experiencing issues!

Some heads up would be much appreciated!

kind Regards
Biosmods

It seems like your site is suspended for high system usage. Please use the Account Manager to manually unsuspend yourself.

http://x10hosting.com/panel.php?suspensionreport

I'm with problems too, but mine is different
Code:
[B]Sorry for the inconvenience![/B]

[B]The filesystem mounted at / on this server is running out of disk space.     cPanel operations have been temporarily suspended to prevent something bad from happening.     Please ask your system admin to remove any files not in use on that partition.[/B]

I just checked your website and it seems to be working fine - I'm getting a page with "Online Games Press" at the top. Please check your website again, and if problems persist, try clearing your browser's cache and flushing your DNS.

Edit:

Sorry, I did not realize that you were talking about your cPanel, not your actual website. According to another support thread, another one of our helpers have already alerted staff regarding this issue, and the problem will be looked into as soon as possible.

Edit:

According to some other members, it appears as if the cPanel on Starka accounts are working again. Please check now, and post back if there are any further problems.

Last edited:

biosmods

Reaction score
Hi

High Server Usage? Please can you explain in further detail as i was nowhere near the bandwidth limit and my server load is always low.

Also , the site you described with Online Games Press at the top doesnt sound like my site , do you think my site has beeen hacked??? Is there anything you can do to check?

cPanel: I can now long in :D Hooray!

Account was auto unsuspended , this wont happen in future , however , im not sure it was my fault at all! Seems like somebody hijacked the site!

Thanks for your help :D

Biosmods

jtwhite

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
High resource usage is like when you have a script installed that makes the server do many things. For example: wordpress with a lot of extensions installed.

Try to avoid resource intensive software.

adamparkzer

On Extended Leave
Reaction score
High resource usage is like when you have a script installed that makes the server do many things. For example: wordpress with a lot of extensions installed.

Try to avoid resource intensive software.

Also, make sure you only have one cron running every five minutes. We recently had a case were someone was suspended for high system resource usage because they left a cron on that ran too frequently.

Smith6612

I ate all of the x10Pizza
Community Support
Reaction score
I've seen High Resource usage come out of failure to connect to MySQL. Back when x10Hosting had that failure of a MySQL experiment last year, that was the only time I had gotten my account suspended for an hour for high resource usage, and that was due to the fact that my script spent more time waiting for the database server to reply than it did processing, thus making the resource usage script suspend me for having scripts execute for too long.

I'm sure that if your account was doing just fine before Starka had it's round of problems there's nothing to worry about. When things have problems, things like this happen.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.