Top 5 google tips and tricks

sankalpgarud98

Reaction score
This is an excerpt from the article at adobewhatisit.com. Please click here to read the whole article with screenshots.

Google is a calculator

Yes mates believe it or not, google is a calculator, and it is much advanced than an ordinary hand held calculator
HOW TO USE:
You don’t have to do anything special to use google as a calculator. Just visit the site and type in whatever calculations you need to perform. Let us gets our hands dirty and perform some advanced calculations. Here they are :

Google is a currency convertor

It is perhaps the most hidden feature of google, but it is as powerful as the calculator. It gives you the accurate value of a particular currency with respect to another.
HOW TO USE:
To use this feature, you have to follow a certain format. Use the following sentence structure, replace the underlined text to suit your needs.
Quantity Currency to Currency. Here are a few examples to make life simpler.

Google is a weather forecaster.
This is a common feature and often we discover it accidently. Again, it provides detailed reports on the weather of any city.
HOW TO USE:
Type in ‘weather’ followed by your city name. Here are a few screenshots.

Two more features along with screenshots here.

thanking you,
sankalp.

Iknowyou

Reaction score
.... the fact that you only mentioned 5 things means you don't know anything about Google but just want to paste your link on.

sankalpgarud98

Reaction score
how can there be more than five things in a list which says top five google(search engine) tricks ?
I mean if asked to me name the top three footballers according to you, will I mention all the good football players. Are there only 3 good players that play football. Mr Larry has loads to offer for us, but this is just some features which are kind of rare, but very significant in use. And, if you dont know who Larry is, then you need to rethink what google is all about!

wodongax

Reaction score
Thanks for the 5 tips. I'm sure there is a lot more tips, but as the heading stated 5 and that's what you posted :)

Can some smarty pants list the top 100 tips for Google?
it'll give you the opportunity to post your very own webpage link :p