Torrent Tracker on x10hosting?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vyriix

Reaction score
Helo all, I read the ToS twice and did not seem to see any parts regarding the usage of torrent trackers on x10hosting.

Are we allowed to have a private torrent trackers? Any guides to follow if we are allowed to use it

SEÑOR

The Guy Everyone Hates
Reaction score
Isnt it like the same thing as using Warez or something?

Vyriix

Reaction score
for your information bit torrent is a technology to distribute files to peers in the same time conserving bandwidths. bit torrent can be use as a powerful means to distribute contents to members, or a means to software/industry piracy. This all depends on what files are being shared in the tracker.

I think mostly cant, cause torrent file is a copyright thing.

In the ToS it stated no copyrighted materials are to be placed on the server, but it did not state torrent files. Actual materials/contents are stored on user's PC and not on the server, the server is just a tracker.

What I'm asking is can we set up our private trackers and share files which are legitimate to our members, is it resourceful? taking server loads? Are there any guides to follow if it's allowed?

Last edited:

tikloos

Reaction score
Torrents automatically doesnt mean piracy,
They are very useful for sharing legitimate software peer2peer.

Just generally people seem to use it more for piracy.

TarinC

Reaction score
tikloos said:
Just generally people seem to use it more for piracy.

thats because ligitimate software can be downloaded for free through http(browser) which is faster than torrents.

Vyriix

Reaction score
Bryon said:
On the signup page: We do not allow hosting of copyrighted files, mp3s, programs, warez, or torrents.

Oops, I missed out this part, dont remember seeing this page when i registered last time ago. Anyway thanks for clarification.

Last edited:

tikloos

Reaction score
TarinC said:
thats because ligitimate software can be downloaded for free through http(browser) which is faster than torrents.

Well not many sites offer to transfer really big files nor do they let you host big files on ftps. Like legal home movies, eg. from FRAPS.

And it would take twice the time for someone to upload and the other to download it, rather than if it were to happen simultaneously.

dumni0x

Reaction score
Torrents are widely used by big companies as Microsoft etc.

I dont see anything wrong in having a tracker for file-sharing if the content of the torrent files are legit.

As people have limited bandwidth on x10hosting it would only be a benefit to use the visitors bandwidth than x10hosting.

My 2 cents.

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
If it's your own files and you're seeding, you can do it. Generally torrent files are 'warez' but not all are. So as long as it's only your files, and don't let other people upload torrent files I don't have a problem with it.

-Corey

Status
Not open for further replies.