TOS compliance

Status
Not open for further replies.

typeRA

Reaction score
hey account managers,

i've created my site (finally) and i'm about to chuck in the info. Though firstly could one of the account managers please check it to see if it complies with the TOS. I've put the ad in the toolbox though i'm not sure if it will suffice.

http://46sussex.exofire.net

any insight is appreciated

cheers,
cain

Last edited:

lambada

Reaction score
ON a quick glance, it appears fine - just make sure guests can't upload images as this could count as file upload form.

Also: well done for getting mediawiki working - i've tried and got totally confuzzled :)

Last edited:

typeRA

Reaction score
oh yea i'll do that too, just need to figure out how :)

hehe it took me a wee while and less sleep but got there in the end, thanks

typeRA

Reaction score
image uploads have been turned on but restricted to registered members only

Cynical

Reaction score
That's still considered a file/image hosting service, which isn't allowed unless under certain sticky, special circumstances.

typeRA

Reaction score
so what you're saying is that when registered users want to create an article in a wiki that has an image or two that it's a file/image hosting service?

are image galleries also against the TOS?

Christopher

Retired
Reaction score
Image galleries are against the TOS is you have images that you do not have permission to put on. You must also be the only one able to upload images.

Zenax

Reaction score
Actually I believe that you may use things such as Coppermine Gallery, however the images placed inside the Gallery should belong to you and no one else.

I hope this has clarified things.

EDIT: As mentioned earlier you should be the one to upload images and NO ONE else!

typeRA

Reaction score
thanks for clearing this for me people

"Web hosting services are defined as allowing a separate, third party to host content on the owner's web site."

so with web hosting being bad, wouldn't a third party adding content to a forum or wiki such as a story or article be also considering web hosting?

typeRA

Reaction score
Sorry to bump this thread but i've changed a few things to comply with the TOS and upload issues.

Could i please get approval from a AM or Corey for my site 46sussex.exofire.net?

I've changed the upload permissions so that only sysops can upload files. file size limitations set to 500k (i believe). Currently there are only two sysop accounts, the superuser and my account. With the site being a forum i've devised a plan so whenever a photo is to be uploaded they must be sent to me or one of the promoted sysops to upload. we will follow a stringent policy so that only permissiable images are uploaded so they don't breach copyrights and is not questionable material. Is this okay?

In terms of the sysop numbers, would it be best to request permission from an AM or Corey first before promoting a user to sysop? Basically all this site is, is a reprentational wiki for our house, the roomies(flatmates) that live there and their friends.

Any advice is appreciated, i very much like this service and i'll do as much as i can to comply with the TOS and expectations of the AM's and Owner.

cheers,
Cain

Chris Z

Reaction score
your site looks like it complies with x10Hosting's standards, unless you have some hidden warez deep in the depths of your account or something...otherwise, you should be good

Chris Z

Reaction score
lol sweet, you should be good then! :)
I'm gonna *close* this thread now, if you have any questions, please PM me or open another thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.