TOS Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

adrenlinerush

Reaction score
I know the TOS cleary states we must login to the forums atleast once in any two week span... so lets say we know we're not going to have internet access for 2 1/2 weeks due to vacation, military field exercise, whatever and we don't want our account to be closed what are our options?

Can we let you know and you keep the account open for the extra few days and make the login deadline a few days later?

Can we write a script and put it on a crontab to automatically login and look at the forum for us?

or are we just SOL?

Christopher

Retired
Reaction score
I'm not sure if a cron would work.
You could have a friend login for you.

adrenlinerush

Reaction score
trust me that you can write a script and shedule it with cron to to login for you... i've written several data mining applications that login and post every zip code in the US in order to obtain lists that the client wanted... I just don't know if thats against TOS... if you get caught doing that to get the cubs playoff tickets you wouldn't get the tickets (atleast thats what the announcements said)...

nunoabc

Reaction score
adrelinerush, that would be AWESOME if we could do that! But I think you can't do that because the idea to login on the forums is to make you up-to-date on what's happening @ x10hosting

adrenlinerush

Reaction score
I thought the purpose was a kind of garbage collection... so the server doesn't have unused accounts on it... anyways thats besides the point... I am pretty active in the forum, not active in the military anymore (IRR), so chances of me going to weeks without logging in are slim, but on the off chance...

Status
Not open for further replies.