Transfering MySQL Database?

Status
Not open for further replies.

HermXIV

Reaction score
I have a MySQL database for my MyBB forum board. I am moving to a new host, and I am wondering how I can transfer my mysql database to the new host from my x10hosting account. Please help!

Zubair

Community Leader
Community Support
Reaction score
Open phpmyadmin and click on export to backup your database.

Then again to restore it go in phpmyadmin and click on import.

Zubair

Community Leader
Community Support
Reaction score
Which is your server???

HermXIV

Reaction score
chopin. But i managed to (after much waiting) get the database downloaded. But now when I try and import it to my new site I get:

Error

SQL query:

--
-- Database: `hermxiv_mybb`
--
CREATE DATABASE `hermxiv_mybb` DEFAULT CHARACTER SET latin1 COLLATE latin1_swedish_ci;

MySQL said: Documentation
#1044 - Access denied for user 'hermxiv'@'localhost' to database 'hermxiv_mybb'

Zubair

Community Leader
Community Support
Reaction score
Open the exported file in notepad. and remove this line

CREATE DATABASE `hermxiv_mybb` DEFAULT CHARACTER SET latin1 COLLATE latin1_swedish_ci;

then save this file and upload it. It will work.

HermXIV

Reaction score
got the same thing, but with the string

CREATE DATABASE `information_schema` DEFAULT CHARACTER SET utf8 COLLATE utf8_general_ci;

Tried removing that line as well. Then I got.

Error

SQL query:

-- -- Dumping data for table `mybb_adminoptions` -- INSERT INTO `mybb_adminoptions` (`uid`, `cpstyle`, `codepress`, `notes`, `permissions`, `defaultviews`) VALUES (0, '', 1, '', 'a:5:{s:6:"config";a:16:{s:3:"tab";s:1:"0";s:8:"settings";s:1:"0";s:7:"banning";s:1:"0";s:14:"profile_fields";s:1:"0";s:7:"smilies";s:1:"0";s:8:"badwords";s:1:"0";s:6:"mycode";s:1:"0";s:9:"languages";s:1:"0";s:10:"post_icons";s:1:"0";s:14:"help_documents";s:1:"0";s:7:"plugins";s:1:"0";s:16:"attachment_types";s:1:"0";s:9:"mod_tools";s:1:"0";s:7:"spiders";s:1:"0";s:9:"calendars";s:1:"0";s:7:"warning";s:1:"0";}s:5:"forum";a:5:{s:3:"tab";s:1:"0";s:10:"management";s:1:"0";s:13:"announcements";s:1:"0";s:16:"moderation_queue";s:1:"0";s:11:"attachments";s:1:"0";}s:5:"style";a:3:{s:3:"tab";s:1:"0";s:6:"themes";s:1:"0";s:9:"templates";s:1:"0";}s:5:"tools";a:14:{s:3:"tab";s:1:"0";s:13:"system_health";s:1:"0";s:5:"cache";s:1:"0";s:5:"tasks";s:1:"0";s:8:"backupdb";s:1:"0";s:10:"optimizedb";s:1:"0";s:8:"adminlog";s:1:"0";[...]

MySQL said: Documentation
#1062 - Duplicate entry '0' for key 'PRIMARY'

Zubair

Community Leader
Community Support
Reaction score
You export the two databases. information_schema and hermxiv_mybb .

Which is causing error.

Just export hermxiv_mybb database.

HermXIV

Reaction score
Hmm. I downloaded the backup I made on the MyBB and it worked just fine. Thanks for your help! Never would have figured it out.

Status
Not open for further replies.