Transfert own domain anytime..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patrick.B

Reaction score
Hello !

I have an X10premium account and I have buy a domain to transfert in x10 free couple month ago .. all working fine.

Today I buy a second domain in my premium account and transfert here .. all process is successfully complete ! But .. a question comes in my head ... If another user of X10hosting trying to add my domain name in his cPanel, it is work ?

So, I have open an second account to confirm that, and I'm able to transfert again the domain without any code or password, so, my question is, it is possible to tgransfert again and again the domain without any permission and in this way, any other user of X10hosting can take one of my domain without my permisson ?

The answer is probably no, so, how can I enforce security of transfert domain to let this never happen ?
* In my X10premium account, where a buy domain, the domain is already "LOCKED TRANSFERT" and I can transfert anyway.

Thank's in advance ! And by the way, a verry good and happy new years to all the staff of X10 doing an excellent job here ! ;)

Last edited:

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi Patrick,

I believe you're talking about two separate things. Domain ownership which allows you to update the name servers \ contact information is controlled from the client area where you purchased the domain. Because you have it locked it can not be transferred elsewhere. Even with it unlocked it requires a few steps to transfer it to another domain registrar including retrieving the EPP code and clicking a verification link.

Use of the domain is handled by actually adding it to a web hosting account so DNS and virtual host entries are created. Because your domain is pointed to our name servers it can be added to any web hosting account under our control. Once added to an account it should not be able to be added to another hosting account unless you first remove it. So to keep your domain safe all you should have to do is add it to your cPanel, this will prevent someone else from adding it to their account.

Let me know if you have any questions about this... DNS and domains in general are a bit confusing.

Patrick.B

Reaction score
Hi !

should not be able to be added to another hosting account unless you first remove it.

This is the information I needed ^^ Yes DNS and domains have confusing me.

Thank's a lot !

Status
Not open for further replies.