Tried to post introduction - failed

Status
Not open for further replies.

auriclux

Reaction score
Hi,

I have tried to post my introduction in the appropriate forum, but I got an error message, and I could not post.

I also came across an error message ("somewhere", sorry. cPanel?) that stated that I was not linked to the forum and that the link I clicked would allow me to 'fix this'.

I'm so confused! :eek4:

What should I do?

Scot

Starshine

Legend Killer
Reaction score
Sounds like two separate errors. The Cpanel linking has nothing to do with posting in the forums.

Do you recall the error for when you tried posting in Introductions? Was it something like you didn't have the proper access? Do you remember if you confirmed your forum account?

As for the Cpanel linking, you may have to contact the official support to resolve that issue.

auriclux

Reaction score
The error I get when I just now tried to post to Introductions is:

vBulletin Message

auriclux, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

1. Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
2. If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Answer to #1 - I don't think so.
Don't know about #2.

Scot

Reaction score
I think I know the problem.

When you registered did you get an email asking for you to confirm your FORUM account?

It appears you are in the forum group "Users awaiting email confirmation". I presume this means you can't post in other forums too (possibly could you check that?).

I don't seem to have the necessary abilities to change user information - eg; change a users group.
:)

Last edited:

auriclux

Reaction score
Martin(?),

I had to look back to check, and I do see an email. I thought I had clicked on the link - but that is a memory test. I don't test well ...

And, no, I know that I cannot post in other forums, I just looked at the permissions at the bottom of some.

Since I clicked a link, I'll wait a bit more to see if something changes.

I'll also open a ticket on my cPanel issue.

Thanks,
Scot
(Who is now off to an afternoon of meetings.)

Status
Not open for further replies.