Trouble removing application

Status
Not open for further replies.

bunglebrown

Reaction score
I tried to remove the phpcoin application. I did so by going to the fantversion (as I have in the past) and removing it from there. However it didn't recognise that it was already installed on my server so I removed the files manually but I still have the database in my phpmyadmin which I cannot remove. I deleted all the tables from there but wasn't able to delete the actual database (to free up this space). Can you direct me on how to get rid of this so I can use it for other purposes?

On a side note is the 'information schema' vital or can I get rid of that as well?

thanks + regards

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
What's the name of the database? I'll remove it for you.

bunglebrown

Reaction score
thanks - it's gone but for some reason I'm unable to create a new database in its place.

It shows the following error message:

#1044 - Access denied for user 'bungle'@'localhost' to database 'Data1'

Not sure why but really appreciate the help.

Fedlerner

Former Adm & Team Manager
Community Support
Reaction score
Are you creating the database on "cPanel > MySQL Databases"? There's where you should create it.

bunglebrown

Reaction score
no - in phpmyadmin - I have previously been told that I would be able to create them there - what do you advise as I'd prefer to do everything (create & maintain the database all in the same place)?
Edit:
guys??

Last edited:

Fedlerner

Former Adm & Team Manager
Community Support
Reaction score
To create the database you need to do it on cPanel. After you've created the database, you'll be able to administrate it on PhpMyAdmin (create, modify & delete tables, content, etc.).

Status
Not open for further replies.