Trying to get flas games to work....

mikesla115595

Reaction score
Hi.

I'll make this quick. I'm using Joomla 1.5x, and there is this game site that offers flash games, and it also allows you to embed (iframe) into your webpage. I have embedded the code into an article, the welcome screen loads, and it just sits there showing this little bouncing ball saying it is loading.

Now I am wondering if this is even possible to do? I am using the FREE account. So any help would be appreciated.

cheers...

descalzo

Grim Squeaker
Community Support
Reaction score
1. Got URL?

2. Site that owns the game?

descalzo

Grim Squeaker
Community Support
Reaction score
If you don't want to give the URL of the page where you are having problems, there is nothing I can do.

descalzo

Grim Squeaker
Community Support
Reaction score
Using that link, the game loaded for me (after a rather annoying ad).

Using FireFox.

Last edited:

mikesla115595

Reaction score
Using that link, the game loaded for me (after a rather annoying ad).

Using FireFox.

Hi.

Hmmm, what sort of ad are you speaking about? Okay, it works, but if it has ads attached I'm going to get rid of it. I don't want visitors being badgered by ads.

Okay thanks for your input.

Later!

descalzo

Grim Squeaker
Community Support
Reaction score
Ads for a couple of TV shows ran before the game loaded.

carl6969

Community Support Team
Community Support
Reaction score
I was also forced to watch about 30 seconds of ads.
(Chrome Browser).
BTW, that is typical with remote game add ons / mods. They are frequently supported with advertising.

Last edited:

mikesla115595

Reaction score
Hi.

Okay. I just figured out why it would stay at one screen, that is because my flash player automatically isn't set for autoplay, it has loop active, but once I right click, and select play the game loads.

Now for the ads, I'm finding that really weird because I haven't received any ads, only the game will load in a moment with the bouncing balls screen sits there until I select play. I am wondering why this is even happening with the ads.

Your honest opinion please, are these ads that annoying?

Later!

carl6969

Community Support Team
Community Support
Reaction score
Your honest opinion please, are these ads that annoying?
I don't find those ads any more annoying that the ads on other sites I visit such as Hulu. Much like American television. It is paid for with sponsors advertising.

mikesla115595

Reaction score
I was also forced to watch about 30 seconds of ads.
(Chrome Browser).
BTW, that is typical with remote game add ons / mods. They are frequently supported with advertising.

Hi.

I had the iframe embedded by using a mod, if at all possible, could you try the game one more time to see if the ads disappear or not? I have edited the article to only have the link itself, I'm hoping the ads will disappear.

I still can't understand why everyone else is getting ads, and I'm not....really weird.

Thank You!

Last edited:

carl6969

Community Support Team
Community Support
Reaction score
Still there.
Rather large window near top of page marked "ads by Google" which is currently showing 30 second ads for TV Land.
Near the bottom is text "Test Only!"
After the ad ends there is a delay / blank page for about another 30 seconds after which the Puzzle Cube game finally appears.

vv.bbcc19

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Still there.
Rather large window near top of page marked "ads by Google" which is currently showing 30 second ads for TV Land.
Near the bottom is text "Test Only!"
After the ad ends there is a delay / blank page for about another 30 seconds after which the Puzzle Cube game finally appears.

Yeah.Its boring to wait for so long and after all some wierd ads.I muted it for a while until gamestarts.