Trying to get my domain from byethost to x10 hosting

Status
Not open for further replies.

thehotfrog7455

Reaction score
I am switching over to x10 hosting from byethost. I added the x10 name servers to the byethost domain i purchased. Is that the only steps i need to make to get the domain to switch over to this host?

descalzo

Grim Squeaker
Community Support
Reaction score
Add it to your account as either the main domain (replacing your current domain). You do that via Account Panel.

OR

Add it as a parked domain so it becomes an alias for your current domain. You do that via the cPanel.

thehotfrog7455

Reaction score
How do i add it to the account as a main domain thats what im trying to do. Thanks

EDIT: NVM FOUND IT THANKS

Last edited:

descalzo

Grim Squeaker
Community Support
Reaction score
The "Server Error" is because the server needs time to map your domain name to your files. That can take 24 hrs or so (there are a lot of requests and they can put a strain on the server). Please be patient.

thehotfrog7455

Reaction score
Add it to your account as either the main domain (replacing your current domain). You do that via Account Panel.

OR

Add it as a parked domain so it becomes an alias for your current domain. You do that via the cPanel.

Now that I have that switched and completed. Its there anything else I need to do?

calistoy

Free Support Volunteer
Community Support
Reaction score
There is something you need to know. Should you share or allow your members to share illegal downloads to copyright material, such as copyrighted mp3's, then your account will be permanently suspended.

thehotfrog7455

Reaction score
There is something you need to know. Should you share or allow your members to share illegal downloads to copyright material, such as copyrighted mp3's, then your account will be permanently suspended.

Im a friend helping this guy set up his hosting. I asked him if he has that kinds of items. He said no. Its a coding bay. Learn to program? What makes you think it has that kinds of stuff?

---------- Post added at 01:38 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:29 AM ----------

Can you tell me why his account is now suspended? Is it cause you assume?

calistoy

Free Support Volunteer
Community Support
Reaction score
I didn't assume. I saw the mp3 download section in the forum of your site. I'm unsuspending you. You have 24 hours to remove that section and remove any other links to illegally download copyrighted material.

Last edited:

thehotfrog7455

Reaction score
Thank you I am going to tell him to remove all the content as soon as the site loads. He just bought the domain and db from another person. So everything will be cleaned out. Thanks again :)

---------- Post added at 03:31 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:29 AM ----------

How come you can see the site and we cant yet? Ill fix the problem as soon as its live for us. Hope the site goes live before the given 24hrs to fix. Thanks again :)

Status
Not open for further replies.