Trying to install software but is says: The MySQL Database could not be selected.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Hi,

I'm trying to install software for gaming, customer service and quizzes on my site through the x10hosting cpanel using softalicious but it says: The MySQL Database could not be selected.

What does this mean and how can I fix it so I can add the software?

Thanks.

descalzo

Grim Squeaker
Community Support
Reaction score
How many mySQL databases do you already have? The system only allows you 2.

Reaction score
Hi,

I'm trying to install software for gaming, customer service and quizzes on my site through the x10hosting cpanel using softalicious but it says: The MySQL Database could not be selected.

What does this mean and how can I fix it so I can add the software?

Thanks.
Why? It just says "The MySQL Database" as in single.

essellar

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
It means "I couldn't select the database I wanted to select", not "there is only one database and I couldn't select it". If you are using your 2-database quota already, you'll need to see if there's a way to use an existing database and set a table prefix (so the two applications sharing the database don't step on each other's toes).

Reaction score
It means "I couldn't select the database I wanted to select", not "there is only one database and I couldn't select it". If you are using your 2-database quota already, you'll need to see if there's a way to use an existing database and set a table prefix (so the two applications sharing the database don't step on each other's toes).

Thanks,

Nicole

Status
Not open for further replies.