Trying to move 2 websites to x10Hosting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anna_Babes

Reaction score
I was able to do the add-on domains correctly. But I am having trouble with moving my entire 2 sites to x10hosting from my old web hosting provider.

I have a Mambo website and an SMF forum.

If anyone could provide me with step by step instructions that would be most helpful. :nuts:

FalseHope

Reaction score
Download all of the files from the other host, zip them, then upload the SMF forum to the directory in which you want it, and the same thing with the Mambo site.

Anna_Babes

Reaction score
I had tried that before and I kept getting database errors. Can you please explain some more. Thanks.

GamingX

Executive Team
Reaction score
You need to transfer the MYSQL databases too.

Anna_Babes

Reaction score
Ok I uploaded the MYSQL Databases, and zip my one website, uploaded it and extracted it and this is what error I got:

Sorry, SMF was unable to connect to the database. This may be caused by the server being busy. Please try again later.
Edit:
OK I remembered I had to add database username to the database and select all priveliges. Now I get this error:

Fatal error: SUHOSIN - Use of eval is forbidden by configuration in /home/annababe/public_html/caring-angels.org/Sources/Load.php(1726) : eval()'d code on line 1726

Last edited:

Anna_Babes

Reaction score
I did the full backup from my old hosting company and sent in the request for the upgraded PHP version as well. I hope this works. If not then I'm replying back lols. Thank for your guy's help! I am so over my old hosting company it's not even funny! :mad:
Edit:
This was the decision on the upgrade:

Your application for PHP v2 was denied. The reason stated is -""

????????????

Well on the PHP Version this is what it says:

Basic PHP Configuration - Upgrade pending

Last edited:

Fedlerner

Former Adm & Team Manager
Community Support
Reaction score
Request an upgrade to PHPv2 (Intermediate), saying which script/CMS you want to run, and that you need the eval() function enabled.

Anna_Babes

Reaction score
I did that and they accepted it. I am now trying to upload my home directory backup (from my old hosting company) but it is taking forever and seem to be timing out. Is there a way I can FTP the home directory backup or not? :eek4:

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi,

Can you generate a FULL backup from the old company? I or a senior staff could restore it if so.

Also, is your user name the same there as it is here?

-Corey

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
I got your PM, I will see about doing this tonight.

-Corey

Anna_Babes

Reaction score
Until the I'll keep trying myself. Also figured out I can't email you the file either, (it's 11mb I believe) this is getting very frustrating. My old hosting company is going to close my account soon. :eek4:

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
If you have the file, upload it to filevip.com and give me the link for it.

-Corey

Anna_Babes

Reaction score
I am doing that right now. I'll post back or pm you when it's completed, or if there is a problem. If there is a problem I can give you my CPANEL details from my old hosting comp, so you can login and grab the back up from there. Thanks!

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
okay,

I restored the backup, it is under the user name 'sufferin' though.

So, I can either terminate annababe and link sufferin to this account, orrrrr we can terminate annababe, then rename sufferin to annababe.

Or if you have another idea what you want to do ;)

-Corey

Anna_Babes

Reaction score
"terminate annababe and link sufferin to this account"

I think that would be the easiest!!!

Please PM me back when it works!

MY GOD THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
It might take up to 24 hours for our backend system to recognize the new account since it was added through WHM.

I have linked the account even though it doesn't exist in our backend yet ;).

Let me know if there are any issues with anything.

Anna_Babes

Reaction score
Ok , just let me know when I can login and when the sites are up. As of right now I can't login. Thanks!

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
You should be able to login to the cPanel for 'sufferin' with the pass you were using on your old host.

How are you trying to login right now?

-Corey

Status
Not open for further replies.