Trying to Upload SMF

Status
Not open for further replies.

ssdtanay

Reaction score
I ahve signed up in X10hosting. Now I need to make a forum in it. I need to upload SMF 1.1.4 to the public folder. But I can't. I don't really get where I have to upload SMF to. I looked at my file manager and there was the Public folder. Do I ahve to upload it there?

I don't need any help with the database and installing it. I only need help with uploading it to the correct folder so that the forum would be viewable to everyone.

Thanks...

tnl2k7

Banned
Reaction score
Hello there,

Go to http://**yoursubdomain**.x10hosting.com:2082/ and login with your cPanel username and password.

Then, click the File Manager button and click Continue when the popup comes up. Select 'public_html' if you're not already in that folder.

Then click the upload button at the top of that page, select the SMF zip file and click OK, wait for the uplaod to complete.

When it's done, right click the zip file and choose 'De-compress' (wording may not be exact). Now browse to your website (http://**yoursubdomain**.x10hosting.com/) and follow the instructions from the SMF installer. You'll need to configure databases and things too, this can be done in cPanel too. If you need any more help, just ask.

** REPLACE ALL REFERENCES TO **YOURSUBDOMAIN**.XQ0HOSTING.COM WITH THE ADDRESS YOU SIGNED UP FOR WHEN YOU REGISTERED **

-Luke.

Last edited:

ssdtanay

Reaction score
Thanks, but now i am getting error messages after installing it. It says
Fatal error: SUHOSIN - Use of eval is forbidden by configuration in /home/ssdt/public_html/Sources/Load.php(1726) : eval()'d code on line 1726

Why is this showing?

Starshine

Legend Killer
Reaction score
You need to upgrade your PHP level to Intermediate :

• Login to your AMP ( http://www.x10hosting.com/account ) with your forum name / password
  • Request upgrade to Level 2 ( Intermediate ) and state reason
  • Once approved, upgrade takes 6-12 hrs to occur.

ssdtanay

Reaction score
I have requested for a upgrade. Thanks. I will then try again. If I can't install it I will need help again.

I wanted a live chat, but why isn't it ever online?

Starshine

Legend Killer
Reaction score
I have requested for a upgrade. Thanks. I will then try again. If I can't install it I will need help again.

I wanted a live chat, but why isn't it ever online?

We now use IRC as our Live Chat. And its functioning the last time I checked.

ssdtanay

Reaction score
Ok, now I have another problem. The SMF is installed but every page that loads is stopped. then I have to press refresh a couple of times to see the same page. How can I stop this?

LHVWB

Reaction score
This is a fairly common error.

You need to turn off "hostname lookups" in the admin section of SMF.
Admin section -> Features and Options -> Layout and Options -> Disable hostname lookups?

Status
Not open for further replies.