Trying to use Google Spreadsheet API with APS.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

madisoniv.com

Reaction score
I created a basic page that pulls information from a Google Spreadsheet and spits it out to a textbox in Visual Studio 2008. I set the .NET version to 2.0, imported a couple of the Google API dll files. It runs just fine locally, but when I uploaded it to the public_html folder and try to view it on the server, it always get the following error:

Server Error in '/' Application

The remote server returned an error: (404) Not Found.

You can view the error for yourself at: http://madisoniv.x10hosting.com/Default.aspx

The only thing I can think of is that I might not be importing the dll files correctly. I created a folder in the public_html folder called "bin", and put them in there. Is there more that I need to do?

I know that it's probably something very fundamental that I overlooked, but I've never created an ASP.net site before. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

-Aaron

descalzo

Grim Squeaker
Community Support
Reaction score
The remote server returned an error: (404) Not Found.

Your program seems to be saying that the website you are sending a request to cannot find the page. ie a URL is wrong.

madisoniv.com

Reaction score
Well attached is a screenshot of the public_html folder, and there is definitely a file in there called Default.aspx. I don't get it, because I tried uploading a file called ver.asxp, and it works fine. And I tried checking the error log in my cPanel, but nothing shows up in there. What am I missing?

Attachments

• public_html.jpg
    public_html.jpg
    76.8 KB · Views: 113

descalzo

Grim Squeaker
Community Support
Reaction score
No. The error message seems to be saying that somewhere in the script, it tries to connect with an outside site (Google.com?) to get some page/information and that the other site (Google.com?) is saying that the page you are requesting does not exits.

madisoniv.com

Reaction score
Hmm, it works fine when I run it locally though. It goes out and pulls the information from my online spreadsheet with no problems. I just feel like there something fundamentally basic that I'm missing in the process of uploading my asp.net site. Is there a special folder that I need to put my dll files? Do I need to reference my dll files in the web.config file? Is there special permissions that I need to give certain files?

Let me know if there's any additional information I can give you that might be useful for figuring out what the problem is.

xav0989

Community Public Relation
Community Support
Reaction score
The 404 error is generated by the google server. Make sure that the URL you included in your code is the good one.

- xav0989

descalzo

Grim Squeaker
Community Support
Reaction score
The 404 error is generated by the google server. Make sure that the URL you included in your code is the good one.

- xav0989

I told him that. Twice. He's sure that is not the problem.

xav0989

Community Public Relation
Community Support
Reaction score
Could we see that the actual code is so that we may help you. I am sure the error is not on x10hosting's side. Make sure you remove any password from the code beforehand.

- xav0989

madisoniv.com

Reaction score
Ok, figured it out, and I'm an idiot. I am so new to ASP.net, that I didn't realize that I had to publish the files before uploading them. Thanks for the help though everyone :)

Status
Not open for further replies.