Two Questions About Ads.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
I currently have the ad-free plan... But I'm soon upgrading to the corporate ad-enhanced plan... I've tried to install ad's on my website, without success. I've used the tutorial for putting them on joomla properly... And I've also tried doing it on Invision Power Board, based on previous advice on how to, and I can't find the location I'm supposed to place it in on the template. Help?

My url is : http://obliviongs.elementfx.com

Last edited:

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
I don't have any experience with Joomla but one thing to note...

If you install it and DO NOT see them showing up make a post here with the URL. A lot of times they ads either don't show right away or might not show up for you so it's good to have someone else look to see if they can be seen.

-Corey

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
hmm I don't see the ads on the site there, I just looked at your account though and you're on the adfree plan so no ads are required ;)

-Corey

Reaction score
Yes... I'm aware of this, but I was wondering why they're not displaying... I'm putting them up, for once I am upgraded, I won't have to rush myself to get them there....:happysad:

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
If you're using your personal link from the account panel it won't show any ads because you're not required any.

Can you post what code you're using to display the ads?

Reaction score
First, I used :

Code:
<script type="text/javascript" src="http://x10hosting.com/adserve.js?corporate"></script>
Because that was the plan I posted to upgrade on...
Then later today, I tried using my personal code:
Code:
<script type="text/javascript" src="http://x10hosting.com/adserve.js?whatever"></script>
And no matter how I tried, it failed...

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
Try changing it back to the corporate one and let us know so we can look.

-Corey

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
Okay... I don't see it. Not sure I can be much help here as I've never used Joomla. I would try some debugging by editing the templates with some regular text like "Hello World" to see if it shows up.

-Corey

Reaction score
Well, see, in the tutorial on how to add the ads in joomla (located here.)
Tells me to use a module called mod_html

Which allows me to place the advertisements. But appearently it isn't working.

Also, what would the template name be in Invision power board be also, not the actual template name, but after you've went through the directory and all, what would the file be?

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
Never used invision either ;) I know we have some Joomla\Invision professionals around here somewhere. Hopefully they'll see this thread.

-Corey

Status
Not open for further replies.